• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2021

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Tour match, 27-28 May, Southampton: Intra NZ squad
1st Test, 2-6 June, Lord's: England v New Zealand
2nd Test, Thursday 10-Monday 14 June (11am start), Birmingham: England v New Zealand

NZ squad: Kane Williamson (c), BJ Watling (wk), Tom Blundell, Devon Conway, Tom Latham, Daryl Mitchell, Henry Nicholls, Rachin Ravindra, Ross Taylor, Will Young, Colin de Grandhomme, Trent Boult, Doug Bracewell, Jacob Duffy, Matt Henry, Kyle Jamieson, Ajaz Patel, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Neil Wagner.
England squad: Joe Root (c), Ben Foakes (wk), James Bracey (wk), Rory Burns, Zak Crawley, Dan Lawrence, Ollie Pope, Dom Sibley, James Anderson, Stuart Broad, Jack Leach, Craig Overton, Ollie Robinson, Olly Stone, Mark Wood. Injury cover added 26 May: Sam Billings, Haseeb Hameed

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
****ing covid, would’ve loved to have gone over and watched this. Maybe next year.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
so what will the team kane v team latham sides look like? I’m guessing something like:

Latham, Rachin, Taylor, Mitchell, Watling, Bracewell, Jamieson, Southee, Ajaz

Conway, Young, KW, Nicholls, Blundell, CdG, Santner, Henry, Wagner, Duffy

with the coaching staff making up the numbers.

Looking forward to some more unnecessarily personal sledging between the skyscrapers!

Flem274*

123/5
anderson and broad are good to go boom at home once a series each, regardless of length. in a 2 test series, that's extremely dangerous.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Bring it on...

Never been so nervous for cricket ever. This is going to be huge.... Can't wait. Work is going to take a beating. Long nights, depending on how the boys are going I'll probably be over jovial or quiet as.

Wifey and kids just don't get this madness. I'll probably keep the divorce papers ready and might as well look for a single room flat in town. Wifey may think I'm having an affair.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
NZ should win imo. Eng are missing far too many key players for this. Only one among Wood/Stone might play. Ideally they need both Broad & Jimmy to stand a chance

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Can see England taking a page from the NZ playbook and not picking a spinner. Something like:

1. Sibley
2. Bracey
3. Crawley
4. Root*
5. Lawrence
6. Pope
7. Foakes+
8. Overton
9. Robinson
10. Wood/Stone (1 Test each)
11. Broad/Anderson (1 Test each)

Decent looking Lions team that, with some added experience from Root/Branderson.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Bracewell bowling in England could always work better this time btw, now that Jamieson has made it very obvious he won't be winning any back-of-a-length third seamer role back again.

I wouldn't be surprised if these conditions permit him to get good lbw shouts on left-handers and things like that again, let him recapture a little glimmer of the old 2011 threat.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
England squad news

Joe Root (captain), James Anderson, James Bracey, Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Zak Crawley, Ben Foakes, Dan Lawrence, Jack Leach, Craig Overton, Ollie Pope, Ollie Robinson, Dom Sibley, Olly Stone, Mark Wood

Bracey, that is a bolter. Is that a sign Bairstow and Buttler will no longer have a test career?

edit: RIS had spotted the Bracey chat i see. But still, shuffling him up to open against Boult & Southee seems like exactly the same error NZ are doing with Conway

Last edited:

vandem

International 12th Man
Why is Doug Bracewell in the squad? Seems like a waste of a spot
Which other seamer would you have picked?

Note at the time of selection it was assumed that Boult and Jamieson would be unavailable due to IPL, so likely 1st test lineup would have been Southee Henry Wagner + Bracewell/Duffy, injury cover from Duffy/Bracewell. They couldn't pick a young seamer (e.g. Sears) as they needed the 6th + 7th seamers seamers in the squad to be ready to slot into the playing XI as solid no-risk 4th seamer backup to the more experienced seamers.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Which other seamer would you have picked?
Bracewell's in as allrounder cover, but amongst NZ seamers, if Seth Rance were fit I reckon he'd enjoy a crack with the Duke. Fraser Sheat arguably also deserving of more recognition than anyone in the U25 group given his performances for Canterbury over the past couple of seasons.