• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does Mohammad Rizwan have the skillset to become the greatest wicketkeeper which accounts both bat and gloves??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ymaxxx

School Boy/Girl Captain
Came Across this video ....

• His pattern For Tests is that he's been the cog in the batting lineup that tackles pressure situations and inflicts it right back at strong sr. Once he brings the momentum and confidence back to the batting side, he starts playing normally for test standards. Currently at 45 Test Average.

A great example of this, was Pakistan's Test series vs South Africa, where pakistan's Azam, Fawad and Azhar went early and Rizwan walked in at 5/76. Rizwan then remained Not Out all the way to the end and brought the score up to 10/298. His innings brought victory.

• His ODI performances have not settled yet, but at the start he was averaging 45 with 2 centuries against Australia. Rizwan has been used in dead rubber matches due to sarfaraz in this format at the start of his career hence his low match count here; which will hopefully change. BUT he does have a respectable 49 LIST A average, which i feel might be reflected soon (unless his best years have been sucked into domestics?

• In T20s he is absolutely killing it every since he was slotted to the right role. Every since the tour of New Zealand where was asked to open, he since has been averaging 75 with a SR of 140 from eighteen innings as an opener (thirteen 40+ scores from it)

• He has already in minimal matches become the 2nd Wicket-Keeper after Baz in cricket history to achieve centuries in all three formats of the game as a designated wicket-keeper. ngl everytime he plays a good knock I always end up seeing him drive the team to victories as well.

• Add all these batting feats, to his incredible glovework as stated by cricviz in terms of stats. (even w/o considering stats, and just using general perception of the naked eye of his athletic abilities and quick hands) he is doing a freak's work by barring responsibilities of both trades and excelling at them at the same high tier rate too.

In my head I see Rizwan carrying Jeff Dujon's wicket keeping nature and AndyFlower/Brendon prowess in batting. Would you agree that Rizwan has the potential/skills to go down as the greatest wicketkeeper of all time?

rizwwan.jpg 5f1a7ab83d909.jpg

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Would require an extreme purple patch for him to be as good as Gilly, and even then feel like pant may retire better than Gilly when all things are said and done. Very unlikely

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Does he have the potential? I guess. But not many people go on to be the greatest of all time at their jobs, so I don't expect him to reach that level. He is a very good player though.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Possibly is all one can say about these things but if you look at the next tier after Gilchrist, he doesn't look out of place amidst the likes of Watling, Dhoni, Knott and Waite.

Ymaxxx

School Boy/Girl Captain
Possibly is all one can say about these things but if you look at the next tier after Gilchrist, he doesn't look out of place amidst the likes of Watling, Dhoni, Knott and Waite.
Thats actually a really nice way of putting it! If he's already churned out performances better/equal performances then the next tier after Gilc/Flow. Then he definitely does have it in him to get that prestige if he carries. I think not only being great in both regards of wicketkeeping but the fact if he fixes his odi record, then he's literally excelling highly in all 3 formats, a feat only perhaps Gilchrist/Villiers have?

CodeOfWisden

U19 Debutant
If Gichrist is at the highest level than Les Ames is at no. 2 and then comes the likes of Watling, Kock, Prior, Engineer and others.

As of now Rizwan is at level 3.

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
Yes but Rizwan is a way better keeper than any of those rivals (I don't know about Engineer). The only other keeper on the international circuit who comes close is Ben Foakes.

Ymaxxx

School Boy/Girl Captain
Improving by every passing minute, brilliant from rizzy
1620561793304.png 1620561805686.png 1620561842746.png

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Does he meet the criteria of the chosen one, as per the prophecy of the golden glove?

Flem274*

123/5
i like this guy a lot, but it's far too early. long term i suspect he's going to be a globally useful batsman than pant but even pant, who has played both the best and worst innings i have ever seen, is far too early to call the future goat.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
FWIW, I love Rizwan and have been on the train since I saw him bat against Australia in that series where Labu scored all the runs.

I just wish Pak dont waste Naseem Shah.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Came Across this video ....

• His pattern For Tests is that he's been the cog in the batting lineup that tackles pressure situations and inflicts it right back at strong sr. Once he brings the momentum and confidence back to the batting side, he starts playing normally for test standards. Currently at 45 Test Average.

A great example of this, was Pakistan's Test series vs South Africa, where pakistan's Azam, Fawad and Azhar went early and Rizwan walked in at 5/76. Rizwan then remained Not Out all the way to the end and brought the score up to 10/298. His innings brought victory.

• His ODI performances have not settled yet, but at the start he was averaging 45 with 2 centuries against Australia. Rizwan has been used in dead rubber matches due to sarfaraz in this format at the start of his career hence his low match count here; which will hopefully change. BUT he does have a respectable 49 LIST A average, which i feel might be reflected soon (unless his best years have been sucked into domestics?

• In T20s he is absolutely killing it every since he was slotted to the right role. Every since the tour of New Zealand where was asked to open, he since has been averaging 75 with a SR of 140 from eighteen innings as an opener (thirteen 40+ scores from it)

• He has already in minimal matches become the 2nd Wicket-Keeper after Baz in cricket history to achieve centuries in all three formats of the game as a designated wicket-keeper. ngl everytime he plays a good knock I always end up seeing him drive the team to victories as well.

• Add all these batting feats, to his incredible glovework as stated by cricviz in terms of stats. (even w/o considering stats, and just using general perception of the naked eye of his athletic abilities and quick hands) he is doing a freak's work by barring responsibilities of both trades and excelling at them at the same high tier rate too.

In my head I see Rizwan carrying Jeff Dujon's wicket keeping nature and AndyFlower/Brendon prowess in batting. Would you agree that Rizwan has the potential/skills to go down as the greatest wicketkeeper of all time?

View attachment 28012 View attachment 28014
Very early to say

Status
Not open for further replies.