• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Women's Cricket Australian Summer 2020/21

Spark

Global Moderator
Starts tomorrow afternoon with a bunch of T20s and ODIs against NZ. Not sure what's happening beyond that.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
the Big Bash is also tentatively pencilled in from 25 October till the end of November, so about two weeks after the NZ tour.

tony p

First Class Debutant
Hoping Amelia Kerr has a great summer, love watching her. She also needs to bat higher up the order in my opinion, maybe not everytime, but in the right situation.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really looking forward to this tour, although I feel like we're going to miss Leigh Kasperek.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Feels like he start of summer when cricket is on tv.

Blustery, windy and a cold low 20s day today. Expect the ball to move and a few wides.

stephen

Devine bowled reality well. Brought NZ right back into the game with her 3rd over.

stephen

Jonassen's filthy darts going for two runs an over is one of the worst things about women's cricket IMO.

stephen

Good win today. Have to say that Gardner was batting on a different pitch to everyone else and that was the difference between the sides.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing performance by the White Ferns but quality from Gardner. Umpiring was pretty shocking - massive nick by an Aussie not picked up and dubious stumping on Devine.

tony p

First Class Debutant
Disappointing performance by the White Ferns but quality from Gardner. Umpiring was pretty shocking - massive nick by an Aussie not picked up and dubious stumping on Devine.
Not sure why there is no DRS, considering the quite extensive T.V. coverage. 1 review per side in a T20 should be sufficient and warranted.

tony p

First Class Debutant
Not sure that Satterthwaite is really a T20 player in my book. To slow in the field, doesn't hardly bowl anymore, and scores too slowly, with very few inventive shots.
In 50 over cricket, she's fine, can build an innings, take her time.
Would also be an excellent Test player if New Zealand ever play that format again. Would also like to see what Amelia Kerr could do at that level as well.

stephen

It always annoyed me seeing batters slide flats side up. I have little sympathy when they're run out because of it.