• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

DriveClub

International Regular
Nah he's annoyed about Starc going off the field because of the footholes when bowling around the wicket.

Must admit, I don't understand why he did that either.

EDIT: Also he's going off about no bat-pad to Pujara. Which, again... I don't really understand why there isn't one either.
He's going on about why there's no bat pad on off now for Lyon. Blaming Lyon is the one who doesn't want the bat pad not Paine

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Obviously weird things may happen but this deck still doesn’t seem to be playing many tricks yet.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gonna go out on a limb here. We won't win this today. Reckon India will be 6 down at worst.
Agree. It'll take an Adelaide type collapse, and as long as Pujara's in I don't see then attacking this target. Much harder getting them out when they're defending.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It feels like a "default" field with no particular strategy or specific tactic to specific batsmen in mind.
Paine has pretty consistently set fields like this for Lyon IMO.

Lyon is senior enough in the team to just tell him what he wants so he can take some of the blame too, but for all my insistence that Smith should never be captain of any cricket team again, he definitely set better fields for Lyon than Clarke before him and Paine after him.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
None of warne's complaints about Starc's line of attack and the lack of a bat pad on the off side to Pujara are wrong. But warne being warne he says it 15 times in 5 minutes instead of making his point once.
Meanwhile on channel 7 nobody is discussing it at all. Both commentary teams at fault imo.

DriveClub

International Regular
"I like to think I know a little bit about spin bowling. I've had a fair bit of success. I've told Lyon to always have a bat pad for Pujara. SO WHY DOES HE NOT HAVE A BAT PAD!!!???!"

:lol:
Imagine a commentary team of Warnie, KP and Symonds. Would that be the ultimate dream team?