• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4 Day tests in Pakistan

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
On average a day's play in Pakistan appears to be about 75 overs on a perfectly sunny day.

This equates to approximately 75 overs lost over 5 days or virtually a day's play.

Fortunately it never rains there

As a result, however, I believe test cricket should not be played in Pakistan.

Discuss

Blaze

Banned
Neil Pickup said:
It does not seem physically possible to play a 90 over day in Pakistan. That is the point.

Easy, if it proves impossible and a result is probable play on the 6th day to make up the lost overs.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
sqwerty said:
How incredibly absured. All that has to be done is to play when the days aren't so short. Another thing that could be done is to prepare pitches that assist bowlers more. Even as it is, the matches have been good and have looked like providing results.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jono said:
England rejoice :p
Too late for that. Will just have to make do with the Ashes, the World Cup, whitewashing India in their own back yard, winning all the Test matches next Spring & Summer...

Only joking of course, one of the Tests next Summer will probably get rained off.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'd try and disagree, but with that deadly Udal/Giles bowling partnership going on, how could England ever lose a match?

Then again, hopefully the great allrounder Ganguly can stop the mighty England in their tracks.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Hasan Raza to break Lara's record in England next year. :sleep:

BTW, we could always hold tests in the summer in Pakistan, couldn't we?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Jono said:
I'd try and disagree, but with that deadly Udal/Giles bowling partnership going on, how could England ever lose a match?
Udal will surely never play again.

When fit, Giles will be back (unless the rumours I've heard on TMS today have any truth)

pakster

U19 12th Man
Would we be having this conversation if England were 1 up in the series and dominating the final test?

Didnt think so.

All Englishman will be against the idea of changing the current system, as how it currently stands they have a chance to possibly hang on to draw some games in Pakistan.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
pakster said:
Would we be having this conversation if England were 1 up in the series and dominating the final test?
Well seeing as the topic was started by an Australian...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Udal will surely never play again.

When fit, Giles will be back (unless the rumours I've heard on TMS today have any truth)
What rumours were they?

a10khan

School Boy/Girl Captain
sqwerty said:

Discuss
Lol
Ur a funny guy, and last comment there bordered on the ridiculous. Because winter days could be really short, six-day matches make alot offense like. Malcolm Speed has also talked abt that possibility. What this does is ensure that the team playing well, whoever it is, gets a chance to close games rather then its opponents escaping with a draw. Dare I say, Pak could have won this series 3-zip if that happened.

a10khan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Also, I am fedup of the PCB reiligously allocating a test match in Lahore in every test series. Rawalpindi could have been used, they could have played there for an extra half-hour. Pak has so many venues (Sialkot, Gujranwala, Hyderabad, Sheikhupura etc.) that have not been maintained/upgraded and that really is a shame: