• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final - Australia v India (26th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Yea, I'm not denying that he's having a good World Cup so far.

On a different note, which really good team has Australia beaten in this WC? The only one they faced was NZ where they lost. The other wins have come against useless ODI teams like England, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka (useless in Australian condition). India has at least beaten SA.
?????

cnerd123

likes this
Aus didn't win against BD btw.

All they did was beat England, Sri Lanka, all teh Associates, and Pak in the quarters.

Bunch of hacks TBH. Dunnow why we're worried about them.

biased indian

International Coach
People keep saying this, but it seriously won't happen. I was at the Aus-SL game and the SL supporters were loud and great, but they were nowhere near the majority. It'll be a great atmosphere though.
i don't remember ever seeing game a where SL fans have out numbered the home crowd in australia...but the last game in Sydney between India and Australia had more Indian fans than aussies. so it is possible

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
People keep saying this, but it seriously won't happen. I was at the Aus-SL game and the SL supporters were loud and great, but they were nowhere near the majority. It'll be a great atmosphere though.
Australia-India games have the best atmosphere hands down. Wish I was there for this.

Eclipse

International Debutant
I don't see Australia batting 50 overs and not making 300+, they have too much good icing... I think India needs to set / or chase at least that or bowl Australia out. India have the players to do either option its just a matter of doing it.
Agreed unless they are 5/60 or something and need to re-build. But I think they have the best hitting power in the middle order.

India are a genuine chance though if Australia don't play to their best. Hopefully it comes down to the last ball

Last edited:

Valer

First Class Debutant
Agreed unless they are 5/60 or something and need to re-build. But I think they have the best hitting power in the middle order.

India are a genuine chance though if Australia don't play to their best. Hopefully it comes down to the last ball
5/60 is ~35-40 overs left.

5 down is Maxwell Faulkner Haddin + bowlers and 1 of the top 5. Most likely Watto.

I can't see Johnson Starc and Hazlewood batting >10 overs.

So you need 25+ overs Maxwell Faulkner Haddin + 1.

Maybe I'm underestimating that group of players ability to play "safe accumulating cricket" but I can still only see ~300+ or all out. Probably all out.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I have a small piece of fingernail remaining on one of my fingers and I would like this match to remove that, please.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Only 10% chance of rain on Thursday apparently. Was starting to get concerned with these afternoon showers the past few days. I'm really not reading too much into our ODI matches earlier on in the summer. India just appear so much better now. I think a big battle is going to be the openers. We really need a 75+ score from either (or both) Finch and Warner IMO.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's amazing how so many Indian fans have been talking about how Syedney will be a good venue for India, not mentioning the fact that we've lost 13 out of 14 ODIs we've played there.

biased indian

International Coach

R_D

International Debutant
Is anyone apart from Jono going to this game? Might be up for a beer if any CWers are out at the ground.
I haven't posted on this site for long time...
I'll be there and every match i have been to.. India has pretty match won the match within 20 overs of our bowling attacking the batsman:p
Lets hope the trend continues;)

After watching todays's match... So pumped for the atmosphere... Its going to be crazy either way!

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I guess I just don't get the point in it. The players already know each other, know all the strengths and weaknesses...and it's not as if they won't be expecting it.

I liked Wahab's "sledging" in that he was geeing up his team. Maybe if that's what Johnson's talking about I can see the point.