• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final - Australia v India (26th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
obstructing the field. one famous example involving a certain inzamam ul-haq comes to mind
Inzi also got out runout when he tried to avoid a throw from the bowler ,around that time. Then he got out obstructing the field. Led to an absolutely brilliant post match interview with Ramiz where Inzi went on a tirade "Ball nai rokta toh out, aur ball rokta hun phir bhi out... aap batao main kya karun", which roughly translates too "I don't stop the ball I'm given out, then I stop the ball and again I'm given out. What am I supposed to do?" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Spark

Global Moderator
Inzi also got out runout when he tried to avoid a throw from the bowler ,around that time. Then he got out obstructing the field. Led to an absolutely brilliant post match interview with Ramiz where Inzi went on a tirade "Ball nai rokta toh out, aur ball rokta hun phir bhi out... aap batao main kya karun", which roughly translates too "I don't stop the ball I'm given out, then I stop the ball and again I'm given out. What am I supposed to do?" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
what a guy

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Not play backward defenses when a fielder tries to run you out would be my suggestion.

Flem274*

123/5
need rahane to do something really irresponsible but get away with it. this innings isn't rahane enough.

lol you know you're having a bad night as a pace bowler when raina is smacking you

ahahahaha goooooone

viriya

International Captain
Yeah no team has ever successfully chased when they're 3 down with 30 overs to go. Might as well award Australia the game now.

This post is moronic.
A total of 327+ has been chased with 3 wickets down before 30 overs gone a grand total of 4 times and never in Australia. 3 times in NZ, once in SA.
6th ODI: South Africa v Australia at Port Elizabeth, Apr 6, 2002 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/226366.html
2nd ODI: New Zealand v Australia at Auckland, Feb 18, 2007 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
3rd ODI: New Zealand v Australia at Hamilton, Feb 20, 2007 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

India will have pulled off an ATG chase in a WC semi. Incidentally Aus have never lost a WC semi and no team has chased even 300 in a WC knockout.

Likely event, sure.

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
How important was Dhawan getting out? Easy to say in hindsight but he was really critical to this chase.