• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final - Australia v India (26th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
What the **** does Johnson mean by "sledging is part of the game"? Fine if it happens in the heat of the moment, but this pre-planned nonsense is just cowardly in my book. Not too many bright bulbs in that Australian side.
Nah sledging is part of the game. Its half the fun of sport.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
fielding would be boring as bat **** if everyone just stood around like church mice. Get stuck into the batsman any way you can, though IMO keep it focussed on the cricket and stay out of personal ****.
Exactly, ****s me when ****s can't differentiate between sledging and people just acting like ****s.

Good sledging, like Sangakkara reminding Pollock of the South African public's expectations or Flintoff's quip to 'mind the windows Tino' is part of the game.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Exactly, ****s me when ****s can't differentiate between sledging and people just acting like ****s.

Good sledging, like Sangakkara reminding Pollock of the South African public's expectations or Flintoff's quip to 'mind the windows Tino' is part of the game.
That's not sledging at all IMO, that's banter. That's definitely part of the game (I'm not aware of the Flintoff incident, so only commenting on the Sangakkara-Pollock one)

Sledging happens when the purpose is to verbally intimidate the opposition so much that feels like getting hit by a 'sledge'hammer.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Soft ****s went home after losing to Bangladesh.

They've been invited by the Japan Cricket Board now.

G.I.Joe

International Coach

In an ironic twist of fate, an in-form Sangakkara goes on to wilt under the pressure of Sri Lankan expectations against South Africa 12 years down the road. :cool:

Karma's a bitch. What goes around comes around.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dunno about "most" but a lot will be Australian born, including pretty much any of the under 30 crowd cheering India.
Yeah but I don't know what kind of excuse that is anyway. Pathetic if we outnumber the Aussie no matter what... Fill up yer own grounds dammit.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking forward to this one. I don't mind who wins, so hopefully it'll be a good game that I can just relax on the couch and enjoy as it unfolds - unlike yesterday's several hours of hyperventilation.