• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd greatest living cricketer

Who is the 2nd greatest living cricketer (behind Sobers)?

• Total voters

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
If Barry Richards can't win the 2nd best opener vote, Procter can't win this.
Barry Richards after a possible 25% underperformance at international level = very good batsman.

75% Mike Procter = Kapil Dev / Ian Botham = True Great

Procter easily a better bet. And i could take him in an 11 above Shaun Pollock with my eyes shut.
But when it comes to Barry vs Sehwag.. I am not sure..

CodeOfWisden

U19 Debutant
I would take Mcgrath above anyone in this list, his presence is enough.
Don’t care about the extra 25 runs which I"ll get from an allrounder.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
For me it's between Kallis, Gilchrist, McGrath, Hadlee, Steyn, Richards, Sachin and Lara.

But has to be Kallis for me, not that far behind Sachin and Lara, but also arguably the 2nd best 5th bowling option ever and a superb slip fielder. Hadlee probably next.

For context my three greatest are Sobers, Bradman and Marshall.

sunilz

International Regular
Who is the most overrated cricketer in CW?
Imran or McGrath?
One of Hobbs or Hutton. While both are ATG, no way both should be lock in test ATXI considering the bowlers they faced and quality of bowlers produced in last 50 years. One of them should be paired with Gavaskar/Smith.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
One of Hobbs or Hutton. While both are ATG, no way both should be lock in test ATXI considering the bowlers they faced and quality of bowlers produced in last 50 years. One of them should be paired with Gavaskar/Smith.
Quality of bowling they faced wouldnt have been amazing but the pitches they played on where abolsute tripe, no? Feel like the two would equalize eachother.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
Gavaskar > Hutton > Hobbs

sunilz

International Regular
Quality of bowling they faced wouldnt have been amazing but the pitches they played on where abolsute tripe, no? Feel like the two would equalize eachother.
Absolutely no.
Marshall knocked Bat out of Sunny's hands on Indian wickets. Marshall +McGrath +Steyn would destroy on any wickets that is not dead.

Gob

International Coach
Hobbd and Hutton are from generations further apart as Gooch and Greame Smith. I'm pretty sure Hutton faced up to Lindwall, Miller, Davidson, Johnston, Benaud and at times when new balls were taken after 55 overs.