• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

26th Match - Australia v Afghanistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the 26th Match of the World Cup between Australia and Afghanistan (Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth).

Howe_zat

Audio File
Be tough for the minnows against what is clearly a better batting side, but from what I've seen of him so far this world cup that young left arm seamer of theirs could well pull off a surprise. They've have to win the toss, bowl and pick up a couple of new ball wickets to put the Afghanistan batsmen under pressure.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Be tough for the minnows against what is clearly a better batting side, but from what I've seen of him so far this world cup that young left arm seamer of theirs could well pull off a surprise. They've have to win the toss, bowl and pick up a couple of new ball wickets to put the Afghanistan batsmen under pressure.
I'm actually picking Dawlat to do the most damage. The Aussies shouldn't struggle with Shapoor's bounce in the way that other teams have. Dawlat though can swing and seam the ball and is very accurate.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Nah Australia really needs to bat first. We need time in the middle

Theres a good chance that if we send them in we Will blow their batting line up and set up some easy target.

The afghani bowlers Will present a challenge thats for sure, but we need a proper match

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I'm actually picking Dawlat to do the most damage. The Aussies shouldn't struggle with Shapoor's bounce in the way that other teams have. Dawlat though can swing and seam the ball and is very accurate.
Dawlat has been good so far. Shapoor has been more talked about but Dawlat has bowled faster, and better.

To be successful as a pace bowler v Australia, in Australia, you need to be really good, though more often than not. Australia should coast this.

andmark

International Captain
I hope the Afghanistan citizens appreciate and remember how great a victory the Scotland win was and not lose long term faith in the side. That said, Australia should win this very easily.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shapoor is their 3rd best seamer, no idea why everyone keeps hyping just him.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea agree, said it before that Shapoor seems overrated.

Cult figure and great to watch, but Hamid and Dawlat are so much better.

Would be amazing if Afghanistan won this but can't see them surviving the Aus bowling for long, and it's very possible Maxwell or Finch will go beserk on them too.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Cummins has been ruled out of the match, sounds like a minor, precautionary thing with his ankle after his slip vs. New Zealand.

Daemon

Hazlewood in then which means Afghanistan will probably be 2-3 down by the end of the powerplay.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Australia to score around 300 if they bat first. I don't think they will score more than that against the Afghans

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think its time to drop Watto.

1. Finch 2. Warner 3. Smith 4. Clarke 5. Marsh 6. Maxwell 7. Faulkner 8. Haddin 9. Johnson 10. Starc 11. Hazlewood

I would be happy if we made 300 tbh. Time in the middle for Smith and Clarke is really important and if one of them can make 100 (120) I wouldn't mind at all.

Midwinter

State Captain
Afghanistans batting has not been good. Could fold for a low score here against the speed of the Oz bowlers.

Johnson to frighten a few out.

Cant see anything other than an Aussie win.

elmadrid

Cricket Spectator
Hahaha Is there a pool question who will win the game? LOL. Rather how big will the winning margin be. TBH we should be happy if we can avoid a historic humiliation.

All I hope from my team is to avoid setting some negative record.

IF Aus bat first and score 300 It will be great job done by Afghan bowling. In response making above 100 will be respectable. Making 200 will be remarkable.

If we bat first and make anything between 150-200 then we would have done greatly.

Avoid humiliation please.

Burgey

I think its time to drop Watto.

1. Finch 2. Warner 3. Smith 4. Clarke 5. Marsh 6. Maxwell 7. Faulkner 8. Haddin 9. Johnson 10. Starc 11. Hazlewood

I would be happy if we made 300 tbh. Time in the middle for Smith and Clarke is really important and if one of them can make 100 (120) I wouldn't mind at all.
Bailey at 5 instead of Marsh imo.