• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If it wasn't basically a few miles from where he grew up he probably wouldn't be there. Fair play to him even attempting it after his injury.
He had a pretty serious injury didn’t he? I was surprised he competed here too. Good on him for having a crack.

weeman27bob

International Regular
They’re not as well known as footy players but the top ones are pretty much household names and get decent endorsements tstl.

We also won’t be copping lectures on drug use from a country which has built most of its recent (but quaint) sporting renaissance on the back of the completely untainted sport of [checks notes] professional cycling. Plainly no mirrors at the house of Weeman Bob.
British scientists have been feverishly working for years to see if there's any way for Murray mints to make you swim faster.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fmd the ways some of these elite athletes find ways to hurt themselves are so prosaic
My personal fave is sometime England reserve keeper Dave Beasant (him what saved the penalty in the FA Cup final when Wimbledon beat Liverpool) who severed a tendon in his big toe by trying to save a bottle of salad cream with his foot after he'd dropped it.

Although, for sheer unlucky gruesomeness, I give you Swiss midfielder Paulo Diogo who shows us why we should always remove rings before playing:

Ref booked him for overcelebrating too.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Great result for England in the women's 3x3 basketball to take down Australia and make the final.

Hannah Jump is rapidly heading up my list of favourite sportspeople

Aritro

International Regular
Great result for England in the women's 3x3 basketball to take down Australia and make the final.
Our Men's team currently getting rinsed by Kenya.

This is embarrassing. They should cremate the ball in a miniature urn and publish an obituary.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Ferdinand Omanyala lands gold. :w00t::w00t::w00t:
And NZ stupidly didn't even select Eddie Osei-Nketia who beat Ferdinand in the World Champs heats and ran a 10.08 after the qualifying deadline. Could've made the final or even perhaps got silver or bronze.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Medal table's really tightened up over the last couple of days with the swimming having completed and England doing especially well in diving and gymnastics. It'll be close, though it's hard to see anyone stopping Australia in hockey and cricket .

India have moved up miles after winning loads of weightlifting and wrestling medals in the last couple of days.

1659733422405.png

srbhkshk

International Captain
India's not gonna do very well unfortunately since Shooting was removed from these games, we typically got anywhere from 5 to 15 gold medals there.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
On the other hand we have somehow managed to get the gold in Women's Lawn bowls and got to the final in men's which is genuinely surprising to me (not knowing we had a team or what the sport was...)
Well done. Which events in bowls (singles, pairs, triples, or 4s)? It is actually quite fun to play btw.