• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2021 English Cricket Season

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Watched about the last 3 overs of this Somerset Lancs game and I'm amazed lancs managed 370 going on what I've seen. Must have been some crap bowling.

Reactions: FBU

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hampshire bowling so far:

Keith Barker 7/39
Everyone else 0/92

Somerset also engaged in one of their customary (for this season) collapses against Lancashire right now too.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Barker has a pretty good record - is it his age that's put him out of the England frame?

chris.hinton

International Captain
My Predictions

Group 1

1. Essex
2. Worcestershire
3. Warwickshire
4. Derbyshire
5. Nottinghamshire
6. Durham

Group 2

1. Somerset
2. Middlesex
3. Hampshire
4. Surrey
5. Gloucester
6. Leicestershire

Group 3

1, Yorkshire
2. Lancashire
3. Sussex
4. Kent
5. Glamorgan
6. Northamptonshire

This went well lol

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
A trophy for Kent. Thank you very much. :cheers:
I was going to say quite like old times, but I don't really remember anything like the Milnes/Cox catch in the early 1970s. Congratulations to you and commiserations to grecian.

EDIT
And they even won a couple of FC matches lately, didn't they? I bet you don't know what to do with yourself.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I was going to say quite like old times, but I don't really remember anything like the Milnes/Cox catch in the early 1970s. Congratulations to you and commiserations to grecian.

EDIT
And they even won a couple of FC matches lately, didn't they? I bet you don't know what to do with yourself.
In the 70’s you could take a catch inside the boundary and run over it and as long you caught it inside it was still out.

Yes Kent have won three matches since the CC divisions were split up. But the way the split works we've been playing all the other sides that have been terrible all summer as well.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
That was a fantastic finals day. Kent deserved to win the competition - they were the best side throughout and endured significant adversity to get to the finals. In both matches, they needed contributions from a couple of batsmen, and the bowling was excellent throughout. The Milnes/Cox catch was terrific. And you even had the non-catch for Smeed - that final had around 15 mins of the most dramatic short form cricket.

tony p

First Class Debutant
In the 70’s you could take a catch inside the boundary and run over it and as long you caught it inside it was still out.
This is a rule that should be bought back in. With ropes seemingly in closer every year, even if only by a metre or so, the grounds are smaller.
If you control the catch inside the field of play, OUT.

Great Kent win, enjoyed watching the live coverage in Australia.