• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2021 English Cricket Season

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
I dunno if it's luck or judgement but the format for the Bob Willis Trophy this year has produced a cracking season so far. Still at least 12 teams in the race for the top group come Sept. Just when you think a side is beginning to dominate one of the groups they get their arses handed to them and things are wide open again.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Makes you wonder about some of the bombastic statements made in the past about the difference in quality between Division 1 and Division 2, to be perfectly honest. Some of those statements have been more about belittling the "smaller" counties rather than any rational difference.

tony p

First Class Debutant
I dunno if it's luck or judgement but the format for the Bob Willis Trophy this year has produced a cracking season so far. Still at least 12 teams in the race for the top group come Sept. Just when you think a side is beginning to dominate one of the groups they get their arses handed to them and things are wide open again.
The problem comes once they split the divisions again.
They need to have some incentive, monetary or something for winning those two groups

Having said that, there has been some fantastic cricket played, enjoyed watching the streams late into the evening and early mornings over the last two months.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Its a lot more entertaining the 2 divisions and i was a huge supporter of the 2 divisions.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Somerset must be so frustrating to play against. 40 for 5 at one stage, now 270 for 7.
I gotta admit I wouldn't mind being 280-2 just once or twice. Another opening partnership blossoms. Even though putting Davies up the order and Banton down it clearly makes sense, should have been done awhile ago.

Bijed

International Regular
I gotta admit I wouldn't mind being 280-2 just once or twice. Another opening partnership blossoms. Even though putting Davies up the order and Banton down it clearly makes sense, should have been done awhile ago.
I seem to recall us being 321-4 or something like that in 2016 (?) when there was a chance of us winning the title, and then we just slipped to 321-9. And then a good last wicket stand got us the next bonus point anyway haha

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Mo bowling well. Giving it a good rip.

Not saying get him in test side off the back of 3 decent overs in a T20, but 2/7 is good going.

EDIT:2/12, actually, but decent nonetheless.

2nd EDIT: finishes with 2/15 off 4. Not bowling to mugs either.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mo bowling well. Giving it a good rip.

Not saying get him in test side off the back of 3 decent overs in a T20, but 2/7 is good going.

EDIT:2/12, actually, but decent nonetheless.

2nd EDIT: finishes with 2/15 off 4. Not bowling to mugs either.
Can we get a Jolene in the Brumby household, or is it strictly chap hop hours still? :ph34r: