• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2021 English Cricket Season

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
That Sussex team is a sight. Looks like they are on top currently against a vastly more experienced Worcestershire side.

It just flashed across twitter than Stevens had a century. Was sure he was 55* overnight. Less than 30 minutes to reach his century today.

tony p

First Class Debutant
Thats stevens what, 3rd hundred of the season? Jesus christ.
I'm a Kent supporter, have been watching it from my lounge room in Perth, he's already got a contract for next year, when he will be 46.
Hope to be over in England in 2022, to see the last few years of his career.

He came in at 142-5, scored 107 of the last 120 runs, including all 52 this morning.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm a Kent supporter, have been watching it from my lounge room in Perth, he's already got a contract for next year, when he will be 46.
Hope to be over in England in 2022, to see the last few years of his career.

He came in at 142-5, scored 107 of the last 120 runs, including all 52 this morning.
Darren Stevens today: 52* batting with the #11 to bring up his century.

All other batsmen so far today: 15/7.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Kent are still on course to win for the first time this season with Leicestershire 226-9 chasing 380. But considering they were 20-6 and 161-9 I hoped it would be more comfortable and chickens are still not being counted.

tony p

First Class Debutant
Kent finally had a win.
Saw a stat, Three last wicket partnerships of over 50 in the match, only the 4th time that's ever happened.

chris.hinton

International Captain
The NCCA (Minor Counties) League Season has finished

Here are the tables (All teams have played 4 matches)

Eastern Division 1

Suffolk 75 (Through to Championship Game)
--------------------
Norfolk 73
Staffordshire 48
Lincolnshire 27
--------------------
Cambridgeshire 21 (Relegated to Eastern Division 2)

Western Division 1

Oxfordshire 73 (Through to Championship game)
------------------------
Berkshire 59
Cheshire 47
Dorset 39
---------------------------
Wiltshire 24 (Relegated to Western Division 2)

Eastern Division 2

Bedfordshire 65 (Promoted to Eastern Division 1)
---------------------
Buckinghamshire 57
Hertfordshire 43
Cumbria 39
Northumberland 34

Western Division 2

Herefordshire 77 (Promoted to Western Division 1)
--------------------------
Shropshire 55
Cornwall 44
Wales 36
Devon 25

Final: Suffolk vs Oxfordshire (5th-8th September 2021)
Venue: Tring Park CC in Hertfordshire

Suffolk last won the Minor Counties in 2005 (Shared with Cheshire) and Oxfordshire last title was in 1989

Chubb

International Regular

Western Division 2

Shropshire 55
Cornwall 44
Wales 36
Devon 25
Lol what happened to Devon we used to be the strongest team! Somerset done stealing all the players I suppose.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
My first day at a county game for a long while. Just saw the 20 wickets.
Sounds like it would have been a fun day to watch, if not the highest quality fare. One of those classic days where the team batting first finish the day batting with 10 wickets still in hand and they lead by just 14.

theegyptian

Yorkshire having sat on the finding of an independent report on Rafiq and racism for the last few weeks refusing to release, have decide to release it at the exact time of the cancellation of this test. Burying their bad news. Disgusting stuff.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
It determined that there was insufficient evidence to conclude that Yorkshire County Cricket Club is institutionally racist.

trollololololol

vile institution

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Azeem Rafiq also alleged that during this second period he suffered bullying and racism from a teammate. The Panel did not find Azeem Rafiq’s evidence wholly credible and did not uphold these allegations concluding that both Azeem and the player engaged in friendly verbal attack towards each other, and no malice was intended by either to the other. The Panel concluded that Azeem Rafiq and his teammate’s language towards each other was unacceptable and was racist and derogatory and the Panel did not condone the language. Further specific allegations against the teammate were not upheld.

wat

its a stunning read i have to say. the front on these ****s.

S.Kennedy

Here are the tables (All teams have played 4 matches)

Eastern Division 1

Suffolk 75 (Through to Championship Game)
--------------------
Norfolk 73
Staffordshire 48
Lincolnshire 27
--------------------
Cambridgeshire 21 (Relegated to Eastern Division 2)

Western Division 1

Oxfordshire 73 (Through to Championship game)
------------------------
Berkshire 59
Cheshire 47
Dorset 39
---------------------------
Wiltshire 24 (Relegated to Western Division 2)

Eastern Division 2

Bedfordshire 65 (Promoted to Eastern Division 1)
---------------------
Buckinghamshire 57
Hertfordshire 43
Cumbria 39
Northumberland 34

Western Division 2

Shropshire 55
Cornwall 44
Wales 36
Devon 25

Final: Suffolk vs Oxfordshire (5th-8th September 2021)
Venue: Tring Park CC in Hertfordshire

Suffolk last won the Minor Counties in 2005 (Shared with Cheshire) and Oxfordshire last title was in 1989
Northumberland are simply dreadful, although they did actually manage to win a game this season!

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Azeem Rafiq also alleged that during this second period he suffered bullying and racism from a teammate. The Panel did not find Azeem Rafiq’s evidence wholly credible and did not uphold these allegations concluding that both Azeem and the player engaged in friendly verbal attack towards each other, and no malice was intended by either to the other. The Panel concluded that Azeem Rafiq and his teammate’s language towards each other was unacceptable and was racist and derogatory and the Panel did not condone the language. Further specific allegations against the teammate were not upheld.

wat

its a stunning read i have to say. the front on these ****s.
It's quite an astonishing whitewash. Did Andrew Gale write it himself?