• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2021 English Cricket Season

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Well done Durham. Easy win really, courtesy of Chris Rushworth's brilliant use of the new ball and a couple of big partnerships at the start of their innings. Bedingham's innings was attractive, but the game was pretty much won by then. I think they'll be too strong for Glamorgan on Thursday. Maybe Kennedy can get to that game too?

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I cannot go as it is too short notice unfortunately. I'll be following and know a few who are going. There are rumours the Hundred players can return as Northern Kings XI Hyderabad Sunrisers have been knocked out of 100 so that is Carse, Potts and Raine? I'd go Carse for Campbell and probably Potts for Salisbury.

Burnham has been released and now playing for Northumberland. It seems disciplinary.

S.Kennedy

I may have gone but went to Scarborough, which was their only defeat in this competition (Rushy got pelted for 3 boundaries in final over). Hadn't been to North Marine Rd before. Lovely seaside ground - like an amphitheatre with old fashioned bleachers. Viv apparently made a century there.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I cannot go as it is too short notice unfortunately. I'll be following and know a few who are going. There are rumours the Hundred players can return as Northern Kings XI Hyderabad Sunrisers have been knocked out of 100 so that is Carse, Potts and Raine? I'd go Carse for Campbell and probably Potts for Salisbury.
Carse for Campbell definitely makes sense. I don't know enough about Potts to comment, and Salisbury looked OK yesterday. Obviously you'll be far more knowledgeable about these guys than I am. And referring to your other post, you could do with some better bowling at the end of the innings. Rushworth was unplayable with the new ball but was a far easier proposition at the death. But there is the bigger question of whether players from the Hundred should replace any of the guys who have got you to the final. Had Surrey made it, I'm not sure that I'd have wanted Roy, Jacks or Evans to replace any of the batsmen. Mind you, I'd have taken Tom Curran or Topley instead of Matt Dunn.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

Carse for Campbell definitely makes sense. I don't know enough about Potts to comment, and Salisbury looked OK yesterday. Obviously you'll be far more knowledgeable about these guys than I am. And referring to your other post, you could do with some better bowling at the end of the innings. Rushworth was unplayable with the new ball but was a far easier proposition at the death. But there is the bigger question of whether players from the Hundred should replace any of the guys who have got you to the final. Had Surrey made it, I'm not sure that I'd have wanted Roy, Jacks or Evans to replace any of the batsmen. Mind you, I'd have taken Tom Curran or Topley instead of Matt Dunn.
Yes, Rush isn't much of a death bowler.

That is true with the one exception (for us) of Jack Campbell who only came in for that one match as van Meekeren was contracted for the Caribbean. The rest of the team sheets have been consistent, so it would be a shame for any of the others to lose a place.

S.Kennedy

Forecast iffy from 6ish. Could be Duckworth-Lewis. We'll see...

Potts and Raine in Durham squad, although not Carse. Glamorgan unchanged.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Good luck to your boys today. tbh if there were any Glamorgan supporters here, I'd be saying the same to them, but you're here and they aren't, so I'll be quietly rooting for Durham.

S.Kennedy

Thanks.

There is a live stream on ECB's website by the way for those without sky. You have to register.

S.Kennedy

Not to be. We bowled fairly well but our top order, who've been brilliant all campaign, failed spectacularly and we couldn't get back in the game thereafter. Glamorgan bowled extremely well and got wickets when they needed to, although there was some completely brainless batting from Durham. Well done Glamorgan.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Luke Wells a fascinating case, kmown as one of the more stodgy bats in County cricket, now reinvented himself as a leg spinning all-rounder that gives it a bash. Even though not today.

Ick at our seam bowling so far, Gregory and Abell not being able to bowl, probably means we couldn't play another spinner. Will regret it.

Jack1

International Debutant
Can't really criticise 25 off 10, but thought he might have a look at Van Der Merwe. Did have a suspicion he'd get him immediately and ruin the innings for me :laugh:

grecian

Lammonby has come to our rescue here I think, hadn't seen much of his bowling, but having a left-armer that no-one has seen much of is often a good thing.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lammonby has come to our rescue here I think, hadn't seen much of his bowling, but having a left-armer that no-one has seen much of is often a good thing.
He charges into the crease with intent, but the velocity of his approach definitely not match by his deliveries.

The "medium fast" assignation he has on cricinfo seems very generous.

Done a job though.

grecian

Well done Tom's, Abell is a brilliant captain.

Only bowling two of Well's overs looks a mistake, gleeson though shocking, no-ball's in this form....

chris.hinton

International Captain
Phil Salt & Chris Jordan have both left Sussex

Salt has joined Lancashire
Jordan has re-joined Surrey

Surrey you would expect to have a better season in 2022 now they have a bigger squad

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Luke Wells a fascinating case, kmown as one of the more stodgy bats in County cricket, now reinvented himself as a leg spinning all-rounder that gives it a bash. Even though not today.

Ick at our seam bowling so far, Gregory and Abell not being able to bowl, probably means we couldn't play another spinner. Will regret it.
Gregory didn't really bowl in the Hundred, which was weird as he was opening the bowling for England a few weeks before.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Kent aiming to enter September without a County Championship win. Even given the different format and fixture scheduling it's still quite an achievement.