• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2020/21 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft (Division 1)

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Belatedly went through and calcd/checked many of the numbers of r2.

Amazing work by Vandem to have three players injured and one unavailable/dropped, all to get down to number 10 on the list - J Gibson - who scored 140 runs. A good engine roomer to pick up. Though I noticed team also scored zero bowling points in the round :shock: .

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
With Lord Colin now out, is it too late to reshuffle my bench? If so I'll shuffle Smith down below Beghin and Hawkins given it looks like he's out of favour with CD atm.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes too late for a reshuffle, but in this case it doesn't make a difference. Fit but inactive players like Ben Smith are already skipped over until an active player is found.

vandem

International 12th Man
...Amazing work by Vandem to have three players injured and one unavailable/dropped, all to get down to number 10 on the list - J Gibson - who scored 140 runs. A good engine roomer to pick up. Though I noticed team also scored zero bowling points in the round :shock: .
I need some engine room grunt after the bright young stars of Wellington (Ravindra, Allen) have only 25 batting points between them from 8 innings !

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Right that's it. Rachin is probably going back into the Non-Ravindra.

The old King of the Colts bonus award to return next October.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
how many people are potentially losing points because of their batsmen's bowling or their bowler's batting?

Straw Man has Solia and Mitchell with more bowling than batting so potentially two bowlers might have their points removed (Smith and Rance currently)

Kippax has Schmulian with more bowling than batting, however Rippon has more batting than bowling to even that out

Bahnz has Somerville with more batting than bowling (and is at 5)

A couple others have batsmen with lots of bowling points but they only have 2 bowlers in their 6 so they should be fine (Vandem with Ravindra, Athlai with Bracewell who has 3 more batting than bowling currently)

vandem

International 12th Man
I need some engine room grunt after the bright young stars of Wellington (Ravindra, Allen) have only 25 batting points between them from 8 innings !
Arghh. Ravindra hits a long hop pitched outside leg to the boundary fielder, Allen chips a length ball to mid off. Now 10 innings for 68 runs including 3 ducks.

Last edited:

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
McPeake just got his fourth duck in five innings this season - really costing me points

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
how many people are potentially losing points because of their batsmen's bowling or their bowler's batting?

Straw Man has Solia and Mitchell with more bowling than batting so potentially two bowlers might have their points removed (Smith and Rance currently)
Mitchell has scored runs, including a century, but still has more bowling points as his wobblers have been mega-effective - truly becoming a CDG clone.

Smith is my only other hope for scoring more batting points than bowling points now - so far this season he hasn't done much of either.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
No, unfortunately not.
Super Six: Inactive players don't activate your bench.
Bench: Inactive players are skipped.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Looking for a 4th bench man from @Athlai (post in the next nine hours, or let it slide). Bennett withdrawn from R4, Santner, Bhula and Brownlie will be no use. Also @Chewie needs a reinforcement with Lister and Renwick falling off the circuit.

Apologies if one or two of these were drafted in the end.

Auckland

Jamie Brown
Will O’Donnell
Ollie Pringle
Ross ter Braak

Canterbury

Jack Boyle
Sean Davey
Andrew Hazeldine
Tyler Lortan
Henry Shipley

CD

Jaydon Lennox
Adam Milne
Ray Toole
Bayley Wiggins

Joey Field

ND

Peter Bocock
Mathew Fisher
Brett Hampton
Brett Randell
Anurag Verma

Otago

Matt Bacon
Josh Finnie (indef. unavailable)
Jarrod McKay

Wellington

Lauchie Johns
Troy Johnson
Michael Snedden
Peter Younghusband

James Hartshorn

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Keep Cam Fletcher as a 21-pointer in this round I think, talliers. TvW a 12-pointer who batted at 7.