• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2020/21 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft (Division 1)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, if this draft had been a closer contest for first place, I wouldn't have moved the goalposts like that. I was changing the rule more with a future season in mind.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Non-Ravindra Emerging Player
Fraser Sheat (Kippax) 689 pts

Nathan Smith (Straw Man) 663
Dale Phillips (Ataraxia) ~539 (bench player: 297 were collected by Ataraxia)
Max Chu (Vandem) ~417 (bench player: 161 were collected)
Ben Sears (Bahnz) 335

King of the Openers
Tom Latham (Kippax) 568 runs

Jeet Raval (Flem274*) 547
Henry Cooper (Chewie) 426

Absolute Spud
Finn Allen (Vandem) 25 pts per game

Katene Clarke (Athlai) 27.75
Hamish Bennett (Athlai) 44.33

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
4th = NZ Olympic Gold medal. I'll take that. Especially after my last abysmal showing.

Edit: I can't read. didn't realise I had leap frogged straw man. Epic.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks Kippax for running this and congrats Ataraxia for winning by a loooooong way.

My side continues last season's tradition of collapsing in the final round to sink a couple of places. Also can't bat - not quite the terribad mid-90s NZ side of the comp (that's Athlai), more of a ~2008 NZ side with Daryl Mitchell as Dan Vettori.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes when I say 'infringing players....go to zero' in the rule, all three modes of points are forfeited.

Only three of your Super Six draftees can score more bowling points in the season than batting points. Otherwise, infringing players on your team (lowest points-earners first) will go to zero.