• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2020/21 New Zealand Domestic Season

James

Cricket Web Owner
Conway is total class, makes it look so easy.

Given he's been playing first class cricket for 11 years and has a great record, I'm surprised South Africa never picked him up. Anyone know the story there?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Con
Conway is total class, makes it look so easy.

Given he's been playing first class cricket for 11 years and has a great record, I'm surprised South Africa never picked him up. Anyone know the story there?
Never managed to crack it in SA, only started producing big fc runs after moving to NZ AFAIK

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Conway never even cracked it in SA franchise cricket (the true SA first class competition). Just seemed to blossom after he’d moved to NZ for whatever reason.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Finn Allen looked like he got a bit giddy and tried to slap everything around every ball? Going on highlights, mind you.

Conway is all class, would like to see him play one of the England Tests and become a fixture in the other two formats. Far too classy not to be

James

Cricket Web Owner
Finn Allen looked like he got a bit giddy and tried to slap everything around every ball? Going on highlights, mind you.
It wasn't the usual Finn Allen yesterday. A couple of good shots, but struggled to middle it and Canterbury bowled superbly to him. He then cracked his bat, replaced it, and was out next ball. Given the season he's had, was due a failure.

I think it's likely Sears won't see any international cricket this season. McMillan was pretty critical of him on commentary yesterday in bowling across the seam every delivery saying he feels as though he lacks control with his bowling. Given McMillan was in the coaching setup not long ago, I bet others are seeing the same thing.

Last edited:

jcas0167

International Debutant
It wasn't the usual Finn Allen yesterday. A couple of good shots, but struggled to middle it and Canterbury bowled superbly to him. He then cracked his bat, replaced it, and was out next ball. Given the season he's had, was due a failure.

I think it's likely Sears won't see any international cricket this season. McMillan was pretty critical of him on commentary yesterday in bowling across the seam every delivery saying he feels as though he lacks control with his bowling. Given McMillan was in the coaching setup not long ago, I bet others are seeing the same thing.
They have been saying that's his favourite bat.

Finn Allen’s favourite bat is swathed in tape, and not for use in the nets lest it break and somehow jinx his phenomenal run of form.

Cricket’s newest weapon of mass destruction nestles in Allen’s bag, the 1.16kg (2 pound 9 in batting speak) chunk of willow with the Adidas stickers primed for one more joust in the big Basin Reserve final on Saturday.

Chubb

International Regular
And, has been pointed out on Twitter, North Otago now holds the main trophy in both Meads Cup (Heartland rugby) and minor association cricket. Impressive for a region with six rugby clubs and six cricket clubs.
It’s a great place to play cricket. And because I played a season there I can say I knew Nathan Smith before he was the future of NZ cricket. As I may have mentioned a few times.