• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2020/21 New Zealand Domestic Season

jcas0167

International Debutant
Stevenson won't shut up to let Elliot tell his story about playing the Windies at this ground.

Field has been really impressive this Super Smash season. Looks to be bowling mid 130's?

jcas0167

International Debutant
Disappointing news for firebirds followers.... one of the blokes from Hutt D mentioned Ravindra is out for a very long time like over a year or more. Looking up he scored nearly 450 runs at an average of 75 and 9 wickets @ 37 vs WI/Pak A this season. Could have been a backup late middle order bat that also bowls but looks like he won't be able to play for a while to come. Don't quote me on this though but that's what I've heard. Why don't firebirds come out with a release about the injury. Same happens with all the domestic sides. They don't let out news about injuries at all.

Now I'll start backing Cole McConchie and Rippon for India series later this year.
Sounds like he had screws inserted previously for a shoulder dislocation. Has returned to the nets batting and bowling but how long before he plays will depend on extent of surgery. Pocknall here says could be 6 weeks or up to 9 months.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Sounds like he had screws inserted previously for a shoulder dislocation. Has returned to the nets batting and bowling but how long before he plays will depend on extent of surgery. Pocknall here says could be 6 weeks or up to 9 months.

Very disappointing, looks like he was definitely going to UK. Still not all is lost if he's back by the start of the next season, he'll make that India trip which is where I think we'll need him most.

Last edited:

nzfan

Not all I hear is always bang on though. 1 year was a bit of stretch I suppose. Someone got a bit too emotional in the club maybe and extended the 6 months to one year. Was wondering how a shoulder surgery and recovery can take upto 1 year. At most likely 6 months including recovery. Quite a common injury with baseballers.

The problem in NZ is the immediate availability of dates for surgery. A national hockey player who's a colleague at work had similar injury but for him to get a date to sort it out was a big issue. I think he got a date like 8 months after sustaining injury. Our health system is not all that flash. Maybe rugby and cricket players get it sorted a bit earlier.

nzfan

The two back to back sixes from Taylor to Mitchell... absolute heave. I suppose both balls went missing. I'm hoping they don't see Mitchell as a T20 bowler for BCs particularly in India later this year. It will be carnage on those decks.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Not all I hear is always bang on though. 1 year was a bit of stretch I suppose. Someone got a bit too emotional in the club maybe and extended the 6 months to one year. Was wondering how a shoulder surgery and recovery can take upto 1 year. At most likely 6 months including recovery. Quite a common injury with baseballers.

The problem in NZ is the immediate availability of dates for surgery. A national hockey player who's a colleague at work had similar injury but for him to get a date to sort it out was a big issue. I think he got a date like 8 months after sustaining injury. Our health system is not all that flash. Maybe rugby and cricket players get it sorted a bit earlier.
I'm sure he'll be treated through the private system - no doubt NZCPA will have them paying the appropriate health insurance premiums.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Enjoyed the super attacking cameo from the recalled Dale Phillips against Southee & Boult. Hopefully he carries that into the Ford Trophy if Kelly is out.

nzfan

Lost a bit of interest in super smash once the finalists were decided.

Dale Phillips has been good for Otago. They need to persist with him.

Not sure what Otago wants from NZC. Do they want players from other region to move to Dunedin and play club cricket? That's not going to happen unfortunately unless the players are contracted and getting paid.

Players like Jacob Bhula, Adi Ashok, Jesse Tashkoff, Leopard etc ideally should move to Otago. They'll get game time and not sit by the sidelines for months for lack of opportunity.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Allen simply has to play the Australian series, you can't leave a player out in this kind of form.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Allen simply has to play the Australian series, you can't leave a player out in this kind of form.
I still wouldn't pick him, Bangladesh at a push now they've added T20s

New low point for Spark's highlight editor - Blundell scores 46 off 22 and not a single shot of those makes it into the highlight reel. Makes me feel better about my eight different emails and 7-day free trials