• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2020/21 New Zealand Domestic Season

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Is the Auckland game on? Scorecard doesn't seem to be on nzc but weather looks good according to a quick google.

Hamilton forecast does not look promising :(

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Oh, that's not the greatest reading comprehension then. Pity as the conditions look good. Wellington openers haven't fired, but still expecting a big season from them.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
2020 yet to show signs of picking up when second wicket of the season Will Williams wanders in and gets PONI Ravindra strangled down the leg side. Yuck.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
McCullum has really plunged Tim Seifert from the virtual anonymity of NZ domestic play into a cauldron of indelicate critics. I sort of hope he surprises and does quite well over there now, even though he's always been very much a #teamhowsie man.

1603060184092.png

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Jeet Raval looking good... Looks like he's moving very well.

Two soft dismissals from our lads today. Blundell and Ravindra. Was hoping to watch the top three today at some point in time but will wait and watch before I decide to go. Looks like it is going to rain throughout the day.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Too much to ask that Josh Clarkson survives a season as an allrounder? Encouraging that he's opening the bowling for CD A and has two wickets already.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I wouldn't be surprised if those stress fractures (and the bulkier build too) prevent Clarkson from ever being the useful outswing bowler of his rookie season, but we'll see.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The weather's really packing it in in the capital, might be lucky to get much more play today.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wouldn't be surprised if those stress fractures (and the bulkier build too) prevent Clarkson from ever being the useful outswing bowler of his rookie season, but we'll see.
Yeah I think if he wants to be useful as a bowler at all he needs to stop trying to be a real one.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
McCullum has really plunged Tim Seifert from the virtual anonymity of NZ domestic play into a cauldron of indelicate critics. I sort of hope he surprises and does quite well over there now, even though he's always been very much a #teamhowsie man.

View attachment 26203
If there's any time for an IPL dabble on an agribusiness product, it's this year. Those monotonous, bland UAE surfaces are far less likely to test the limits of Seifert's technique than a regular IPL season would.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes Cooper scored more Shield tons than anyone else last season.

Getting to age 27 and having a lack of pure hand-eye keeping you stuck on zero domestic T20 games, that isn't always a promising sign in NZ players that we want to see rise up into being good in Tests. It would be nice if Cooper is NZ's first in a while who gets himself up in the red ball opening ranks in an old-fashioned way.

Flem274*

123/5
cooper's success surprised a few mates who grew up here, but im pretty sure cooper flats with ferguson and nzc had a little vid of them practising together during lockdown which must help (may be confusing cooper with nicholls).