• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2018 World Test XI

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone starting to think of a Mulligan on thier teams? Some pretty notable performances from borderline calls in current tests.
Yes. Would say Azam makes my XI now, and Cummins and Bumrah (even Southee) are making even bigger cases now. Latham is an interesting one - his average is nearly 60, but like 20 without the Sri Lankan tests.

It's why I think we were too hasty in making this thread, there were still games to go this year.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I definitely jumped the gun.

1 Tom LATHAM
2 Dimuth KARUNARATNE
3 Kane WILLIAMSON
4 Virat KOHLI
5 Henry NICHOLLS
6 Shane DOWRICH
7 Jason HOLDER
8 Pat CUMMINS
9 Kagiso RABADA
10 Yasir SHAH
11 Mohammad ABBAS

12 Jasprit BUMRAH

The batting lineup is shaky no doubt on paper.

trundler

Come on, Mendis has to be in there. Second highest run scorer this year. Played crucial knocks.

trundler

Latham
Karunaratne
Williamson*
Kohli
Mendis
Watling
Holder
Cummins
Rabada
Yasir
Abbas

trundler

Just realized how good Nicholls has been this year.

Latham
Karunaratne
Williamson
Kohli
Nicholls
Mendis
Watling
Cummins
Rabada
Yasir
Abbas.

FBU

International Debutant
Has anyone had a better debut year than Bumrah?
9 Tests 47 wickets at 21.46

trundler

Has Kane been the best captain this year? He did a largely exemplary job in the UAE. Maybe shouldn't have picked Sodhi in the first test but I think he captained very well. Didn't watch the series Vs England but NZ won.

Kohli is disqualified because of the selection blunders. No one thinks of Sarfraz as a good captain. Chandimal disqualified because of the ball tampering fit. Faf has it easy at home and in hindsight dropping Philander in SL maybe wasn't the right call. Again don't remember anything horrible. Root comes across as a weak leader but hey, they must won 3-0 in SL and his tactics did pay off. #BatDeep still trolling its way to victory.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Has anyone had a better debut year than Bumrah?
9 Tests 47 wickets at 21.46
Saw a graphic on this. Only Alderman and Ambrose have taken more wickets in a debut year. That was before the 2 additional wickets he took in 2nd innings of Boxing day test.

SillyCowCorner1

Has Kane been the best captain this year? He did a largely exemplary job in the UAE. Maybe shouldn't have picked Sodhi in the first test but I think he captained very well. Didn't watch the series Vs England but NZ won.

Kohli is disqualified because of the selection blunders. No one thinks of Sarfraz as a good captain. Chandimal disqualified because of the ball tampering fit. Faf has it easy at home and in hindsight dropping Philander in SL maybe wasn't the right call. Again don't remember anything horrible. Root comes across as a weak leader but hey, they must won 3-0 in SL and his tactics did pay off. #BatDeep still trolling its way to victory.
Holdaa ftw!