• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2012 end of the world? (yeah right)

cover drive man

International Captain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11iCmzGnOI8&feature=related

Scary at first but when you do start to actually look into it you think nah. Firstly they say Nostradamus predicts a comet to hit the earth. Have a look at his prediction for 1999;

"In the year 1999 and seven months
The Great, King of Terror shall
come from the sky. He will bring to
life the King of The Mongols. Before
and after, Mars reigns happily."

Did the great king of terror come from the sky in July 1999, the only thing I can think of was that Serbian war and that's not really the king of terror from the sky. Here's another brilliant prediction which apparently predicts 9/11.

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder,
Two brothers torn apart by Chaos,
while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb",
The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

Assuming you call new york the city of god (But why) and the world trade center brothers (although "twin towers" But still far fetched) And you call Bush the great leader (OK now I'm trying not to laugh) And you call the war on terror WWIII (Lets say at the most 1.5 million have died if you compare that to the 50 million who died in WWII its not really a world war) If you believe that then it sounds a bit like 9/11 but its still very fade.
Now apparently Einstein predicted a polar shift and I'm not going to deny that but I think the consequences of a polar shift are quite exaggerated I don't really see what might happen, the birds might mess up when there going south but I don't see anything serious happening (Maybe SS or Neil can help here)
Also they say there will only be one more pope, have a look;

In extreme persecution, the seat of the Holy Roman Church will be occupied by Peter the Roman, who will feed the sheep through many tribulations; when they are over, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the terrible or fearsome Judge will judge his people. The End.

This doesn't mean the world will end maybe people will finally stand up to this hypocritical and robbing system, or maybe nothing will happen I personally don't let prophecies rule my life and I don't think any intelligent person should. But what do you think?

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nostradamus also predicted that the world would end with the rise of Mabus, the third Anti-Christ, however. They can't both be true.

He wrote a lot of things - some of his predictions have been scarily close to the mark, but you don't hear about the prophecies that were totally wrong.

Athlai

Not Terrible
"In the City of God there will be a great thunder,
Two brothers torn apart by Chaos,
while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb",
The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"
How about this prophecy hasn't come true yet? Nuke Israel and then we could speculate on a whole different relevancy to this prophecy. Also I thought this may be a thread about the predicted alien invasion in 2012 from X-Files.

cover drive man

International Captain
How about this prophecy hasn't come true yet? Nuke Israel and then we could speculate on a whole different relevancy to this prophecy. Also I thought this may be a thread about the predicted alien invasion in 2012 from X-Files.
Speaking of which there is a lot of trouble going on there, can someone tell me what Armazhinadad doesn't like about Israel?

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
Speaking of which there is a lot of trouble going on there, can someone tell me what Armazhinadad doesn't like about Israel?
There's this place called the holy land in the Middle East, you see. When during the 20's, 30's and 40's Jews began to emigrate there, the Arabs didn't like this and there was a low-intensity conflict. After WW2 Britain had enough of this Empire lark and decided to pull out, and as usual decided to partition it between the Jews and Arabs (c.f. India). The Arabs didn't like this much as they'd been living there for quite a while and the Jews had only recently immigrated, so they rejected the partition plan and promptly invaded Jewish Palestine, or Israel as it was now known.

After having their arses handed to them several times by Israel (48, 67, 73), Palestinians got fed up of conventional war and started suicide bombings and terrorist attacks. Israel, paranoid after being repeatedly invaded and having a huge military responded the only way they knew how, with helicopter gunships, innacurate airstrikes and tanks which only served to piss off Palestinians more and create more suicide bombers. Well, since then the situation hasn't got much better when coupled with nuclear proliferation on the part of Iran, and Islamic radicalisation due to wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

So to answer your question, the President of Iran doesn't like Israel because it's: Western, allied to the US, oppresses fellow muslims, doesn't like Iran arming itself with nukes, and is the leading power in the region.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When during the 20's, 30's and 40's Jews began to emigrate there, the Arabs didn't like this and there was a low-intensity conflict. After WW2 Britain had enough of this Empire lark and decided to pull out, and as usual decided to partition it between the Jews and Arabs (c.f. India). The Arabs didn't like this much as they'd been living there for quite a while and the Jews had only recently immigrated, so they rejected the partition plan and promptly invaded Jewish Palestine, or Israel as it was now known.
They cbf with this sort of crap.

Dydl

International Debutant
Sigh. That video was very sad (not in an emotional way though), and not just because they predicted the world would end on my 34th birthday.

cover drive man

International Captain
There's this place called the holy land in the Middle East, you see. When during the 20's, 30's and 40's Jews began to emigrate there, the Arabs didn't like this and there was a low-intensity conflict. After WW2 Britain had enough of this Empire lark and decided to pull out, and as usual decided to partition it between the Jews and Arabs (c.f. India). The Arabs didn't like this much as they'd been living there for quite a while and the Jews had only recently immigrated, so they rejected the partition plan and promptly invaded Jewish Palestine, or Israel as it was now known.

After having their arses handed to them several times by Israel (48, 67, 73), Palestinians got fed up of conventional war and started suicide bombings and terrorist attacks. Israel, paranoid after being repeatedly invaded and having a huge military responded the only way they knew how, with helicopter gunships, innacurate airstrikes and tanks which only served to piss off Palestinians more and create more suicide bombers. Well, since then the situation hasn't got much better when coupled with nuclear proliferation on the part of Iran, and Islamic radicalisation due to wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

So to answer your question, the President of Iran doesn't like Israel because it's: Western, allied to the US, oppresses fellow muslims, doesn't like Iran arming itself with nukes, and is the leading power in the region.
Thanks, interesting.

Mard

Banned
mayans predicted the 2012 date. its funny because Mayans dissapeared with out a trace. No body knows what happend to the mayan people.

Mard

Banned
^ well no body knows where they went, they have found skulls and people think they might have all died, but nobody knows how. When the spanish came there, mayans were already gone

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
^ well no body knows where they went, they have found skulls and people think they might have all died, but nobody knows how. When the spanish came there, mayans were already gone
No they weren't. Much of the Mayan civilisation declined, but the Maya people were around when the Spanish came.

Bobisback

International Regular
Found it weird when the post had nothing to do with the topic title. Took like 10 posts to even mention the Mayans.

Read up on the Mayans and their calendar and what not. Plan on being very drunk the day their calendar ends, so i can go down the way i lived.

Majin

International Debutant
There was a discussion about this on another forum I post at and my stance on that still holds. The end of the world in 2012 due to the comet will be because that comet coming is the one that brings King Ghidorah to Earth from outer space. He'll land in Japan somewhere and start smashing **** up, Godzilla will come out and go after him and the ensuing fight will end up destroying most of asia until King Ghidorah is dead. And then Godzilla will go on a rampage and destroy the rest of the world. And I will enjoy the spectacle, because tbf if your civilisation is going to be destroyed it may as well be by Godzilla, so much cooler than pollution and/or George Bush.

Majin

International Debutant
Be serious please, Geg. A turtle that spins around flying shooting fire out of it's leg holes? Totally unrealistic imho.

:ph34r:

Flem274*

123/5
I might start a poll: Which doomsday theory will kill us all off first?

I'm telling you now NZ will duck out a little early if we don't get this Rugby World Cup set up right and in time. Civil War here we go.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sigh. That video was very sad (not in an emotional way though), and not just because they predicted the world would end on my 34th birthday.
Everyone's world ends on their 34th birthday. Trust me.