• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2005/2006 State League (NZ women)

cricketchick

Cricket Spectator
I agree. It's such a shame that the women's game doesn't get more coverage. I was at that game that Kate Pulford smashed 153 no against Canterbury a few years ago. I would have to say that was one of the best batting displays I have seen by any woman. I wish I could bat like that!

Do you play cricket? I used when I was at High School, but I hurt my back.

I try and get around to watch as many games as I can now. My favourite players are Rebecca Rolls, Louise Milliken, Kate Pulford, Haidee Tiffin, Rebecca Steele and Anna Wilkins.

I heard Anna Wilkins was going to be wicket keeping for ND this year, is that true?

Who are your favourite players?

GoTheGirls

Cricket Spectator
cricketchick said:
Hi there Tamara, I follow cricket pretty closely and follow most of the players. I see that Wilkins is back playing for ND this year. That should be good for ND.

It looks like a number of the other teams will be considerably weaker this season. Particularly, Otago (with the loss of Puller and Flannery), CD (with the loss of Pulford and Connor) and Wellington (with the loss of Harford, Lewis, Green and Godliman). Canterbury may also struggle by the look of their squad and lack of proven quality batters.

I just looked at the Canterbury team on the internet and its got heaps of bowlers and not that many batters. There are 8 bowlers and only 5 batters. Cricketchick might be right about them lacking batting. I thought they might want lots of cover for Gerrish and Taylor.

GoTheGirls

Cricket Spectator
cricketchick said:
I agree. It's such a shame that the women's game doesn't get more coverage. I was at that game that Kate Pulford smashed 153 no against Canterbury a few years ago. I would have to say that was one of the best batting displays I have seen by any woman. I wish I could bat like that!

Do you play cricket? I used when I was at High School, but I hurt my back.

I try and get around to watch as many games as I can now. My favourite players are Rebecca Rolls, Louise Milliken, Kate Pulford, Haidee Tiffin, Rebecca Steele and Anna Wilkins.

I heard Anna Wilkins was going to be wicket keeping for ND this year, is that true?

Who are your favourite players?
My favourite players are Emily Drumm, Maria Fahey, Rebecca Rolls, Nicola Browne, Haidee Tiffen and Ros Kember.

I've never even heard of Anna Wilkins, I thought ND had that really promising little keeper with the funny last name - I think it is Jeanette Ullet? She's rated really highly by the people I talk to.

crickyfan

Cricket Spectator
I played at school but I gave up because I was useless and it wasn't fun anymore.

I'm going to try and watch more women's cricket this year. I agree it doesn't get enough exposure.

I'm an Aucklander so I'd be happy if Canterbury lost all their games :)

My favourite player of all time is Rebecca Rolls, she is just amazing when she gets going. I've seen her and Drumm together and they make such a good combination. Shame Drumm changed teams.

cricketchick

Cricket Spectator
Do you know Rebecca Rolls? I think she is an amazing player!! I am not a fan of Canterbury either - go the rest of the country!!!

GoTheGirls

Cricket Spectator
Wow. You must be really good Tamara.

I'd love to be good but I'm a bit overweight and I can't really run anymore. I still think I'm pretty clued up about it though, I follow cricket heaps on the internet.

I used to play but I gave up after one game where I got a golden duck and then when we were fielding I went to take a catch and fractured my eye socket.

That was it for me, I decided I best leave it to the talented people.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
GoTheGirls said:
Wow. You must be really good Tamara.

I'd love to be good but I'm a bit overweight and I can't really run anymore. I still think I'm pretty clued up about it though, I follow cricket heaps on the internet.

I used to play but I gave up after one game where I got a golden duck and then when we were fielding I went to take a catch and fractured my eye socket.

That was it for me, I decided I best leave it to the talented people.
You should give it another go, im not very talented and i play :ph34r:

cricketchick

Cricket Spectator
Oh my goodness that is bad luck about your eye!!! Is there permanent damage?

Sorry Tamara I just read some of your earlier posts. That is so cool that you are the opening batter for ND! I am also very impressed at how open you are about your ***ual preferences.

GoTheGirls

Cricket Spectator
No permanent damage to my face, just to my ego.

It was really embarassing. Some girl hit it really high and I called for it and did everything the coach told me to. I got in position to catch it right above my eyes but when it came down I was too slow and it didn't even touch my hands, it smashed into my right eye and i ended up in hospital.

Now I just watch cricket.

I think all the State League girls are wonderful fielders, so agile and quick.

GoTheGirls

Cricket Spectator
Here's my pick for the competition:

Auckland - top 3 but they'll need Rolls to have a great year and Scripps to get lots of wickets. Will miss Drumm.

Northern Dist - top 3, they'll finally sort their act out and win some games

Central Dist - last unfortunately

Wellington - will really struggle without Lewis, Harford and Green, second to last

Canterbury - top 3 if Fahey has a good year but will miss Helen Daly's tight bowling and will struggle with not having much middle order batting

Otago - 4th, need Bates, Tsukiguha and Martin to do well

What do you think?

cricketchick

Cricket Spectator
Auckland 1st
ND 2nd
Canterbury 3rd
CD 4th
Otago 5th
Wellington 6th

Have Rolls and Drumm retired from international cricket?

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Na rolls and drumm still playing. However more working it around there jobs rather than the other way around. People like Ros Kember quite easily fill there shoe though in my opinion.

It all a little scary how high everyone rating ND this year. We had better perform for a change I guess. We have won 1 or 2 games in the last 20 so big turn around required.

Sorry Tamara I just read some of your earlier posts. That is so cool that you are the opening batter for ND! I am also very impressed at how open you are about your ***ual preferences.
in the modern world now. nothing to be ashamed about as i see it.