• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Aus vs India, Adelaide oval 17th-21st December

_00_deathscar

International Regular
I think it would be good to have a slightly faster deck (and outfield for that matter), that would have made the first day in particular feel a bit less attritional.
Yea the outfield was one of the slowest I've ever seen - especially felt it hard on Day 1 when some of the top order hit nice shots and it barely went far enough away for 2 runs. Some of those go for 4 and it changes massively with regards to shot selection too..

the big bambino

International Captain
Don't project, that has nothing to do with anything. I was actually thinking more of the first 2 innings, where plenty of the wickets were thrown away and better batting efforts could easily have yielded 300+ scores
Ha ok bud. I think you're finger pointing out of guilt, and you didn't say that then but thanks for clarifying now. Btw neither does the fact Aus got to 93 proof the pitch was easy. India were shocked, bowled too short and were dispirited. Pitches can change character too and quite quickly though I don't think this one did. If this pitch produced thousands we'd all say it was unfair. I think it can be said that producing 36 isn't ideal either. I'm ok with the result obvs but still think Adelaide has trouble preparing an even pitch in relation to the amount of grass they leave or take and then again when accounting for the pink ball (which the Aussie players practiced with and said was 'doing a bit") and the lights.

Last edited: