• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st T20 at Canberra, 4 December 2020

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah, that's not acceptable if so. Like I said earlier, this isn't a joke. Second impact syndrome is not something to be ****ed around with.

We still have very little idea about how and why second impact syndrome occurs and how to fully prevent it, but we do know that is a quite literal coin flip whether you live or die.
I didn't say it was acceptable, just that I can understand why the umpires let them get away with it. You are right, it should not happen. But these are still early days around dealing with concussion protocols in International Cricket. Thankfully no major incident happened here and I expect ICC and all the teams and boards to learn more from such incidents and do better going forward.

Spark

Global Moderator
I didn't say it was acceptable, just that I can understand why the umpires let them get away with it. You are right, it should not happen. But these are still early days around dealing with concussion protocols in International Cricket. Thankfully no major incident happened here and I expect ICC and all the teams and boards to learn more from such incidents and do better going forward.
I mean... multiple players have been killed whilst playing cricket from head impact in recent memory. What more is it going to take?

I'm already very worried about the long term health of Smith. Not in terms of his playing career, but beyond that. Him randomly vertigo the other day before the game is a not a good sign at all. Will Pucovski too is someone whose health is probably much more at risk than people are willing to talk about.

This isn't funny or a joke to me. We are playing with fire until we actually become much more honest about the risk elite sportsmen are taking to their long term health by not dealing with this seriously. Allowing Jadeja to bat on because, oh well, it's almost the end of the innings, is as clear as a sign as any that we are not serious, and that the discussion after that is about whether the substitution gave India an advantage or not.

Shady Slim

International Coach
hurricane singlehandedly giving subcontinent posters' trolling abilities a bad name, an effect to be similarly observed by IPL bookies as against other bookies tbh

Spark

Global Moderator
But only one warning was public. itstl
Yes, because one warning was designed to tell someone not to do one isolated badpost again rather than stopping an ongoing pattern of posting that plenty of people could easily recognise for what it was.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Monga on India's selection worries

Wish there was more overlap between India's Test and limited overs batting sides. Would be nice to go into the Tests with recent match experience under the belt. Hope we play the warm-ups to win; I remember tour games were once considered to be more than a glorified net in whites.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
But only one warning was public. itstl
Just to be clear, Morgie actually got five infraction posts straight away (h_hurricane got none) because it was an obvious rule violation. We don't post warnings in threads about those because get notified of their points-bearing infractions anyway.

h_hurricane was warned for his antogonistic posting across the thread rather than a specific post, so he got no points but a warning to nudge him to can it.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Am I the only one who feels like they're in a kindergarten playground here? I get that online forums work better with moderation but ffs we're grown adults and I cringe every time someone complains about mods or infractions or whatever the **** else mods do
Jadeja is a criminal and if you care about brain damage you're a beta.
Don't agree with this but giving it the like because it's important for us to raise awareness for betas in society. The underprivileged need our support.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Am I the only one who feels like they're in a kindergarten playground here? I get that online forums work better with moderation but ffs we're grown adults and I cringe every time someone complains about mods or infractions or whatever the **** else mods do
Your adult supervision and peace making attempts are quite cute.