• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st ODI at Sydney, 27 November 2020

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was doing pretty well for a while before that over. I'm still not sure if both have another 10 overs in them but if they do.....

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He bowled well in the IPL too in patches. I really dont think he is as bad as some of the Aussie posters here say he is. But maybe this Green kid is just better, who knows.

morgieb

Thank **** that one was held on to! (though that one was a lot simpler than the others)

Still a good knock from Dhawan.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He bowled well in the IPL too in patches. I really dont think he is as bad as some of the Aussie posters here say he is. But maybe this Green kid is just better, who knows.
I think his bowling has genuinely improved to the point where if he was half a good a bat as the Australian selectors think he is he'd be quite a good asset. It's still very much in the batting allrounder category though and he's not a good enough bat to justify a place based on that, particularly in the positions available for that sort of thing (5-7).

Burgey

Don’t quite get Jadeja’s approach here unless it’s purely to take it as deep as possible. Little #intent thus far

morgieb

Well that's that. Strong partnership but something about this has felt quite predictable.....just felt anti-climatic after Dhawan was dismissed.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You will understand once you see the rest of our side bat. :laugh:
There's not really any point playing for NRR though. I'd get it if India were setting a target given you've got three #11s and a #9 to deal with.

Game is basically done now that Pandya is out but there was a chance when Jadeja first came in and he didn't seem interested in pursuing it. It was weird.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah with saini as your number 8 it's hard to blame Dhawan and Jadeja too much for not going harder. Pretty pathetic strike rotation though.
Dhawan the worser culprit given he was in from ball 1 and should have gotten the hang of the pitch by now, at least to milk singles.

In general though, with only 4 guys in the boundaries between overs 11-40, I think batsmen should be more open to taking the odd risk every over to get a boundary away to escape the SR and RR pressures. Its basically what Smith and Finch did today and we generously helped them out dropping about 5 catches.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There's not really any point playing for NRR though. I'd get it if India were setting a target given you've got three #11s and a #9 to deal with.

Game is basically done now that Pandya is out but there was a chance when Jadeja first came in and he didn't seem interested in pursuing it. It was weird.
I think 100 off 10 was still doable, which is perhaps what Jaddu and Pandya were going for. But yes, Jaddu has to be able to start better. Still blame Dhawan more for the lack of strike to Hardik though.

Burgey

I think his bowling has genuinely improved to the point where if he was half a good a bat as the Australian selectors think he is he'd be quite a good asset. It's still very much in the batting allrounder category though and he's not a good enough bat to justify a place based on that, particularly in the positions available for that sort of thing (5-7).
yeah think this is pretty well spot on. To the point where his bowling improvement has somehow led them to hope against hope he will come good again with the cue, which I frankly can’t see happening again.

the other problem is he really needs to bat in the top four, stylistically. And he isn’t up to it. If he could work more ones and rotate the strike to go with his ball striking ability he could do a really good job at 6 or 7 as an A/R.

But as things stand atm, Green or even Abbott would be a better option imho, given Marnus would go to four, Maxwell & Carey five and six