• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

15th June - 2nd Semifinal - India vs Bangladesh

srbhkshk

International Captain
Wait this isn't confirmed right? Depends on the margin of the Pak/SL game.
Pretty much is, I don't have the calculations but SL will have to win by something like 200+ runs to top the group, Pak even more than that.

On the match topic, typically I like to analyse a match by pointing out the respective teams strengths and ways in which they can win the games. In this one I'd go a different way - I don't see Bangladesh dominating India in the match, however if it's a close match then India will have enormous mental edge over them, So BD will have to really play out of their skins to win this one, potentially one course of action is to get lucky with Dhawan/Kohli at the start and the unleash the Fizz on the susceptible India middle order (and hope that Hardik doesn't have one of his great days for he seems to have a liking for the BD attack). Rohit also likes the BD attack so he will be a threat as well. The SL match showed that the India bowling is not impervious to harm so if Bangladesh can minimize the damage India's batting does, they have a chance. (which they will probably fail to take though.)

Howe_zat

Audio File
Nah borderline impossible for either side to make up the gap now.

Imma crunch some numbers and get back to you on it

Howe_zat

Audio File
Pakistan would have to win by 267
Sri Lanka would have to win by 299

(it's harder for SL to 'make up' the NRR because they've played more overs, assuming they both bat for 50/get bowled out here)

If the winning side chases then here's the info

x = number of runs to chase, y = number of overs to do it in. Green is Pakistan, blue is SL

So no, I don't see Pakistan for example chasing 150 in under 5 overs

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bangladesh winning this champions trophy is going to be so crazy. Particularly when they should have been knocked out by Australia.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
I don't understand why most people are writing Bangladesh off against India. It's a knockout and on the day anything can happen. Don't forget Sri Lanka struggled against Bangladesh despite playing at home, so if they can beat India, I don't see how Bangladesh can't. Also, New Zealand almost won the ODI series in India, and Bangladesh just beaten New Zealand away from home twice now. Yes, Bangladesh lost to England, but they did post up 300.

Shri

Mr. Glass
There's no streak pressure for Ban either. Unlike Pak, they have beaten us before in a WC game.

centurymaker

International Captain
This could be a close one ..
or on the contrary, Bangladesh could have an off-game too and lose convincingly.

Anything can happen. And if India gets somewhat complacent especially because of how well they bowled in the warmup game against them, then they could come to regret it.

Mentally India has to treat it as a big game, like how they treated India South Africa as a big game. It showed in their fielding & intensity.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Bangladesh has been playing a bit more in these parts as they played in the tri series before this. Some of their players are in form. They bowl well. However, India bats better than Bangla and India should be able to win this.

cnerd123

likes this
Love everyone gambhiring by giving BD a chance here. BD have a massive mental block when it comes to India. That choke in the world T20 will still be on their mind. They choked against Pak in the Asia Cup final too a while back. They're not great under pressure.

Hopefully this pitch is a bit more bowler friendly, giving BD a chance to keep India to a chaseable score, and then they have someone like Tamim bat through the innings and take them home

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan would have to win by 267
Sri Lanka would have to win by 299

(it's harder for SL to 'make up' the NRR because they've played more overs, assuming they both bat for 50/get bowled out here)

If the winning side chases then here's the info

x = number of runs to chase, y = number of overs to do it in. Green is Pakistan, blue is SL

So no, I don't see Pakistan for example chasing 150 in under 5 overs
You're really Peter Moores aren't you.

smash84

The Tiger King
I will say 1996 moment. SL went from being a borderline minnow to being considered a real strong team after winning that World Cup.
My analogy was more with respect to rain saving both bangladesh and pakistan in their respective losing moments

Besides, bangers are currently ranked above pakistan and sri lanka, so in terms of ODIs they might not be your typical minnows