• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

14th June - 1st Semi-final - England v Pakistan

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
gonna be a battle of the bowlers here me thinks..England are clear favourites but the Pakistani bowlers will probably be the toughest test of the England batting line up they have faced in this tournament so far..
Pakistan's best bet is to bowl their best, take wickets to create inroads and restrict opposition to a below part total - the template they have followed so far in CT.

The problem with that template is that it is incompatible with England's template. England do not slow down after losing wickets. The strike rate of the new guy is higher than the guy just dismissed. So no matter how well you bowl, 300 is on the cards. You might bowl them out for 300 or you might take 8 wickets. But that total is comfortably beyond reach of Pak based on this tournament

smash84

The Tiger King
1. Will the captain who wins the toss opt to bat first? No
2. Will a wicket fall in the first 5 overs? Yes
3. Will a batsman make a hundred in the first innings? No
4. Will the side batting first score 300 or more? No
5. Will any spin bowler take three or more wickets? Yes
TB: How many legal deliveries will be bowled in total? 579

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Semi final LMS

1. Will the captain who wins the toss opt to bat first?
2. Will a wicket fall in the first 5 overs?
3. Will a batsman make a hundred in the first innings?
4. Will the side batting first score 300 or more?
5. Will any spin bowler take three or more wickets?
TB: How many legal deliveries will be bowled in total?
1. No, chasing is the modern trend
2. Yes, and I hope so. Otherwise I lose quite some money
3. Yes. Root or Azam
4. No, same pitch again and good bowling lineups
5. No, good spin playing batsmen and not so great spinners
6. 582

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
So I'll be starting work late tomorrow and got the approval..Manager in good mood..wondering whether I should try my luck and ask for Monday but then again..that would be expecting the miracle today

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
1. Will the captain who wins the toss opt to bat first? No
2. Will a wicket fall in the first 5 overs? No
3. Will a batsman make a hundred in the first innings? No
4. Will the side batting first score 300 or more? No
5. Will any spin bowler take three or more wickets? No
TB: How many legal deliveries will be bowled in total? 576

91Jmay

International Coach
Weather looks solid in Cardiff, not as warm as some parts of country are at the moment but should be set fair.

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant
Isn't Roy/Hales the worst opening partnership since the world cup? Pretty sure they had that stat come up in the S.A series. Basically when Hales is off form, Roy is on it and visa versa. Why not just open with Joe Root? He's used to doing it in ODIs by now, as well as test matches isn't it standard for England to be 35/3 inside the first 10 and for the likes of Root/Bairstow, sometimes Stokes/Ali to carry them? So he basically opens those two formats.

Last edited:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Pakistan should def play Shadab even with the short straight boundaries. Generally think England are too good/professional to lose this against Pakistan, however the fact that it's apparently the third time this wicket has been used so far should narrow the gap between the teams.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah if that new bloke who hits a long ball (Ashraf?) does bowl as quick as Kimber makes it out, they should look to play Shadab for Amir really.

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
Not sure who the plot armor is with today - England have the 'England ODI revival' story whilst Pakistan have the 'cornered tigers' story - I could see either team winning it.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Isn't Roy/Hales the worst opening partnership since the world cup? Pretty sure they had that stat come up in the S.A series. Basically when Hales is off form, Roy is on it and visa versa. Why not just open with Joe Root? He's used to doing it in ODIs by now, as well as test matches isn't it standard for England to be 35/3 inside the first 10 and for the likes of Root/Bairstow, sometimes Stokes/Ali to carry them? So he basically opens those two formats.
This one time at bandcamp.