• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

12th Match - Afghanistan v England (23rd March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

91Jmay

International Coach
Nah I rarely cash-out - it's not prudent practice (unless it's betfair.com) - don't want to pay the implied margin 2 times for the same bet
You didn't have to cash out but surely taking England when they became value would have been prudent?

91Jmay

International Coach
I'll admit, I didn't think it would take a team 10 balls to score off Liam Plunkett in this world cup :ph34r:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Eh Stokes was done by a ball that bounced shin height. Yes he tries to overhit the ball in limited overs stuff which didn't help. But the ball was on the way down when it reached him.
Perhaps I am being a bit harsh as I could see other batsman getting out to that ball, but most would not have. He wasn't really watching the ball it came through very slowly and he seemed to commit to his shot very early and it was SUCH a big swing it left no margin for error. In short what you said, he tried to over hit it.
Furthermore he decided he was going to go after that bowler when it was imprudent to pre meditate against anyone. That is my biggest beef, he decided to smash that bowler in that over to the ends of the earth.

Anyway after watching the afghan top order stokes looks like less of a nelly and compared to them he seems like sobers.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
shouldn't let Afghanistan off the hook here. This batting performance has been disgusting

91Jmay

International Coach
Buttler highlighting why people criticising Bairstow's keeping and suggesting Jos is a massively better glovemen need to watch Jos keep more. Very average keeper.

91Jmay

International Coach
Hope we can knock them over for under 100. NRR isn't going to be great regardless but if they get to 120-30 region would be a killer for our chances you'd have to think.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
That's right up there with the "bounced" catch in the West Indies Sri Lanka game in bad third umpire decisions.

Niall

International Coach
Hope we can knock them over for under 100. NRR isn't going to be great regardless but if they get to 120-30 region would be a killer for our chances you'd have to think.
If they can beat Lanka and hope that South Africa lose to either Lanka or West Indies they should be ok.

However looking at the West Indies game v England last week, its pretty obvious the West Indies deeply dislike England, so wouldn't be totally shocked if the West Indies got hammered.:laugh:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's weird that Afghan's batsmen have largely competed and gotten to par scores while their bowlers haven't been international standard.

I would like to see their bowlers correct that at least once in this tournament. Particularly Dawlat and Rashid.
Wac.