• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

10th June - Group A - England v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Love watching this England side play. Their batting especially is what I wish my side had, threats all over the show.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Love watching this England side play. Their batting especially is what I wish my side had, threats all over the show.
You did for a time, then McCullum retired. Seem to have lost some fizz in the side since he left. Basically we copied your lot under him and have more depth to keep it going for a longer period of time.

Last edited:

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Haven't seen much of England's ODI side post-WC 15 but that today was a great illustration of how they're transformed themselves as a side.

I think their great skill now is ability to counter-attack so aggressively; no way England sides of the past would've responded to being 3/35 chasing 278 with such a masterful and aggressive partnership.

Weak link for Oz today was Cummins; he's played a lot of ODI cricket but I've never thought he's totally suited to this format. His future is in Tests.

As for Australia, a difficult and unlucky tournament but things to work on. I guess if Henriques keeps getting picked he'll eventually get his batting average to double figures but surely there are more deserving options. Also, one of these days Smith may actually stop treating Zampa as a last resort option.

BeeGee

International Captain
I'd definitely be looking for a new keeper. Pick a keeper who can bat, not a batsman who can keep. A good glove man lifts the whole fielding effort and a gumby who shells chances does the opposite.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Yeah, agree with that. Crucial miss when Australia were on top, nothing with the bat and even his famed verbals and 'attitude' which were apparently why he was brought back into the side seemed missing today.

SeamUp

International Coach
I thought the whole contracting situation by CA and squad selection here and Henriques playing was a bit odd.

Lynn and Mitch Marsh probably the one's coming in for Henriques and .....

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Terrible display. Pity the rain shortened the English innings. Australia were in pretty much the same situation as England after 40 overs but we botched the last 10 overs. Not saying we'd have won, we likely wouldn't have but not getting a single full game in a tourney like this is a bit rubbish, like Cummins ODI bowling.

Bijed

International Regular
The main thing with this result is it means there's still a chance of keeping alive our proud tradition of being knocked out by Bangladesh

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Terrible display. Pity the rain shortened the English innings. Australia were in pretty much the same situation as England after 40 overs but we botched the last 10 overs. Not saying we'd have won, we likely wouldn't have but not getting a single full game in a tourney like this is a bit rubbish, like Cummins ODI bowling.
To be fair the match would only have lasted another 2-3 overs, and it is quite possible that one of your injury prone quicks would have gone down with whiplash injuries watching the ball fly past them.