• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1040 quick singles charity run!

Andrew-Spencer1

Cricket Spectator
I will be running the Brighton Half Marathon February 23rd in my whites and full batting kit box, helmet and bat included. Obviously this will be rather challenging and probably painful. 13.1 miles is 1040 quick singles! I am aiming to raise money for Chestnut Tree House childrens hospice who do amazing support for very sick children and their families during treatment. Sussex CCC have donated some kit for me to wear. If anyone would like to donate to it i have included my donations page.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Andrew-Spencer135

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good on you mate. Make sure to wear skins, or take along a tub of Chaminda with you. The chafing might otherwise be of epic proportions.

Edit: donated

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is pretty incredible. What time did you record?

Not that it matters, completing a half marathon in full cricket gear is a pretty amazing effort by itself.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
This is pretty incredible. What time did you record?

Not that it matters, completing a half marathon in full cricket gear is a pretty amazing effort by itself.
2hr 17m, according to his fundraising page.