• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

100 Tests for Shiv Chanderpaul

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Love Shiv, very very good player. Has been great support for Lara for a long time, and often goes unnoticed.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Would he have got a game for the Windies in their heydays of the 70s, 80s, or early 90s?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Matt79 said:
Would he have got a game for the Windies in their heydays of the 70s, 80s, or early 90s?
He might have squeezed in ahead of Larry Gomes who played over 50 Tests in that period and had a fairly modest record.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
One of my favourite players. Aged eight he was the player batting when I switched on the 1999 World Cup for the first time and I've kept a close watch on his performances since then. One of the most solid batsmen around, perhaps on the second tier after Ponting and Dravid.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Congratulations to Chanderpaul on his 100th Test! I'll always remember a very quick centuary he scored in the 1st Test v Australia in 2003 when the Windies were in trouble - Lara coildn't have played better. As for wether he'd have got into theor great team -I think so. When they played England home and away in 1980 and 1980/81 they had Baccus or Matthis in their XI - I'd rate him above those two and similar to Gomes.

Beleg

International Regular
Congragulations to him. :)

A very solid batsman; I have no doubt he'd have made the WI team during the 70's and the 80's.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's never really been a favourite of mine, mainly due to his captaincy and how lost he looked trying to be in charge of his team and score runs at the same time. However a couple of his scintilating scores in the Champions Trophy have changed my mind a little bit and I realise he really struggled with the captaincy, which has happened to alot of players. I don't think he would have made a West Indies team of the 70's or 80's though.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
The most under-rated player of the last decade IMO, but good to see him getting to 100 tests..

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie said:
The most under-rated player of the last decade IMO, but good to see him getting to 100 tests..
If he isn't the most under-rated player he has to be up there. Can't think of too many as good as him that don't get the accolades they deserve. Although I know about 20 people will come on now and list 40 of them...

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Jungle Jumbo said:
One of my favourite players. Aged eight he was the player batting when I switched on the 1999 World Cup for the first time
Wow - what a precocious talent! He must have debuted when he was just out of nappies. :ph34r: