• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

100 Hundreds

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
8 years ago in fact (1998)

anyway i brought this back up as Hick has just overtaken Sir Len Hutton to go 8th on the all time list with his 130th hundred.

Meanwhile Mark Ramprakash has notched his 83rd century (and his 4th in eight matches this year) as well as becoming the first person to 1000 runs this year.

At this rate he'll be on about 86/87 at the end of the year, 2/3 more years and he could do it. Surrey seem to be resting him for OD games now and then.
Looks like he's after doing it this year tbh

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just checked cricinfo, he had scored 90 going into this game and now has 91. Will he crack the ton by the end of the season? I'm not sure how many games he'll play.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just checked cricinfo, he had scored 90 going into this game and now has 91. Will he crack the ton by the end of the season? I'm not sure how many games he'll play.
I think he will play about 10 or 11 more FC games if picked this season. It's certainly possible

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Say 20 odd-innings left, it wouldn't surprise me too much if he did crack the ton.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Can't really call something a cert if it's going to take 10+ years to get there.

Unless you can see into the future or have mastered time travel and been there or some crazy shiz.

stumpski

International Captain
Ramps will do it next year I think - and I'm going to do my best to be there to see it. I saw Martin Bicknell get his 1000th wicket (maybe the last English bowler to do it?) but that would be something else. Just hope it's a home game.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ramps will do it next year I think - and I'm going to do my best to be there to see it. I saw Martin Bicknell get his 1000th wicket (maybe the last English bowler to do it?) but that would be something else. Just hope it's a home game.
Caddick must be there or thereabouts. Although he might've even beaten Bicknell to it so you could be right.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cook has 16 (assuming he is going to make that one today), and he is only 22, a cert for mine.
nah
Why not? He could quite easily be playing for another 16 or 17 years at least, and as long as he gets a decent number of games for Essex - which he has so far and will continue to do if he doesn't make a successful ODI career - he should easily score 100 centuries. And his chances are even better if we start getting a few more proper tour-games, which I'm hopeful might, maybe, happen again sometime.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cook has 16 (assuming he is going to make that one today), and he is only 22, a cert for mine.
Future scheduling will play a huge part there, won't it? I mean, if they continue to have the number of OS tours they do now, or even increase them as, say the Bangas get better,(hopefully) Zimbobs get their act together and possibly Ireland come in (who knows 10-15 years down the track?), will the players get enough FC matches to reach the heights of yesteryear? With scheduling like the last Ashes series (both home and away), where visiting teams get minimal wamr up matches vs Counties/ States, will there be enough games played?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I saw Martin Bicknell get his 1000th wicket (maybe the last English bowler to do it?)
Amazing effort for bowlers to do that. Also makes Warne et al's efforts in taking 1000+ international wickets all the more amazing.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I'll be very surprised if there isn't many more players like Ramps, Hick and Bicknell who don't make it into the Tests and ODIs regularly and play a bucket load of FC matches and reach those feats. Also what about some like RTD who wont miss many matches during the season as he has the option of missing Holland games for county matches. Players like that who can't play for England would have to be a chance as well.