• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

James Norwood

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Three year contract, £250k signing on fee, £9k/week, rising to £13k if they go up.

We offered a two year deal (longest we do) somewhere in the region of 3-4k. That’s enormous for Tranmere.

If you remove money from the equation I don’t think he ever leaves. He took the club to heart. But he’d be an idiot to turn down that money, especially at his age.
When you put it like that .........................

cpr

International Coach
I suppose something that's more of a factor in the lower divisions than higher up is location. He's a southern lad, so double wages a few hours drive from family is really a no-brainer for him.

Shame to see him stay in league one though, especially if theres a fair danger of Tranmere crossing past Ipswich.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I’d be shocked if we managed that next season tbf.

I was thinking about it last week in anticipation of him signing for them, and despite having played Ipswich in the league many times over the years I can’t think of a single time we finished above them. There may have been one or two.

I expect them to cope with League One the same way Wolves and Leicester did.