• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ISBU (is Spark being unreasonable?)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yes.

Actual moderation will keep this from remaining the wretched hive of scum and villainy it has become.

(That’s a Star Wars reference Sledger)

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Yes.

Actual moderation will keep this from remaining the wretched hive of scum and villainy it has become.

(That’s a Star Wars reference Sledger)
Which is worse, that you referenced star wars or that you felt the need to explain referencing star wars?

CasMcG24

U19 Vice-Captain
I don't feel your being total unreasonable (not like Stalin, Hitler or Pol Pot) however, closing down a perfectly good AIBU thread which would have stirred some healthy debate (and some brain cells) I feel is borderline crass... And very undignified. I would stress that if it was properly viewed and the topics answered in a ethical and intelligent fashion we would have all benefitted from the knowledge and empowerment it would have inspired to the incumbent hordes.

On planetcricket they found it inspiring... Or was that just me... ?

Last edited:

Bijed

International Regular
I don't feel your being total unreasonable (not like Stalin or Pol Pot)
Made me chuckle

Fwiw, Spark closing the thread doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't want the discussion to happen, just that it's not a big enough topic for it's own thread. Tbh I'd have thought a thread where people can ask for advice where maybe they're in/have been in an unfamiliar situation and have come out of it feeling that they may have acted wrongly would be fair enough, though whether they'd get serious answers is debatable.

cpr

International Coach
I don't feel your being total unreasonable (not like Stalin or Pol Pot) however, closing down a perfectly good AIBU thread which would have stirred some healthy debate (and some brain cells) I feel is borderline crass... And very undignified. I would stress that if it was properly viewed and the topics answered in a ethical and intelligent fashion we would have all benefitted from the knowledge and empowerment it would have inspired to the incumbent hordes.

On planetcricket they found it inspiring... Or was that just me... ?
You are just gonna love the politics subbie....

Spark

Global Moderator
Made me chuckle

Fwiw, Spark closing the thread doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't want the discussion to happen, just that it's not a big enough topic for it's own thread. Tbh I'd have thought a thread where people can ask for advice where maybe they're in/have been in an unfamiliar situation and have come out of it feeling that they may have acted wrongly would be fair enough, though whether they'd get serious answers is debatable.
i literally see no reason why the "what are you thinking" and "what are you doing" or even the "what grinds your gears" threads wouldn't suffice

CasMcG24

U19 Vice-Captain
Why did you omit any reference to Hitler being unreasonable?
Because he was disabled and I can't take the piss out of a man with only one ball... ?

But were does the list end... If you're routing for him I'll add him x