• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Re ***** supporting both India and Bangladesh

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jono wasn't just criticised despite being a good poster like ***** though; it seemed like Jono was criticsed almost because he was a good poster (he was the best we had IMO). CW culture can be odd.
Was he though? It's like he was a pleasant gentleman who only got friendly ribbing over his Virat love from what I remember from when I joined to when he went on his very long hiatus.

Maybe I'm closer to losing my memory than I thought.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
please, don't talk about jono, my heart isn't over it yet

(it being him not buying Burgey the steak.)

(bring him home please)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Hong Kong actually seems to be #1.

This hierarchy can change if a game is much more important to one team than another though. If HK was playing Bangladesh in a World Cup game that was almost meaningless for HK already but Bangladesh needed to win to progress to the next stage, he'd probably support Bangladesh (but then party hard after the game if HK won anyway).
Yeah, this is what I am thinking too. It is one thing to say I am supporting x and carrying on that on the forum, another to actually support. He seems far more active on the India threads, so where I am concerned, he supports India above all else, even when he says he supports Bangladesh more than India. Hong Kong support is more like a local club team support really and shouldn't come into the picture here. For me biggest thing is India and Bangladesh comparison.

Also, for a huge tournament like a world cup, it just feels odd when in an India v Bangladesh match, Bangladesh is supported and then the next match when Bangladesh loses, India is supported. I have seen soccer fans do it for a football world cup but this is surely not the same.. in a 10 team world cup, if you are supporting 2-4 teams where such passioned support exists, it can be really weird. For example, if *****'s twin brother lorax suddenly supports Australia in Australia v England, and once Australia loses, he supports England.. aaaaah.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I am not even sure why I find it so confusing. Cribbage supports Zimbabwe as he has some allegiance to it.. I have never found an issue with that. He never starts bouncing up and down saying, okay now in Australia v Zimbabwe I will support Australia or Zimbabwe etc I guess. The spotlight and lack of clarity, for whatever reason, confuses.

morgieb

Jono wasn't just criticised despite being a good poster like ***** though; it seemed like Jono was criticsed almost because he was a good poster (he was the best we had IMO). CW culture can be odd.
99.99% of the Jono bashing was taking the piss. I never understood what was the main cause though.

morgieb

This is the most unremarkable thing though. Most of us have one or two at both ends and then just hope for something popular and interesting in the middle, like an away win or Herath five-for.

Two teams meme could just as easily be about GS (Aus&WI) or Dan (Aus&NZ). In fact Cribbage managing to dodge this despite supporting Australia, England, Ireland and Zimbabwe is the odd bit.
GS seems different to ***** though, GS strikes me as an Australian fan who likes West Indian cricket. ***** seems genuinely passionate towards all of India/Bangladesh/HK.

Not an entirely unfair point re: Dan though, though again he doesn't ham it up as much as ***** though.

morgieb

Was he though? It's like he was a pleasant gentleman who only got friendly ribbing over his Virat love from what I remember from when I joined to when he went on his very long hiatus.

Maybe I'm closer to losing my memory than I thought.
Was more of a thing before you were a member from memory, especially given benchmark was still a poster back then. And in OT.

OverratedSanity

99.99% of the Jono bashing was taking the piss. I never understood what was the main cause though.
Mostly because he got along with almost everyone so calling him a **** became almost a friendly gesture since he didn't mind being called one. ****'s sake, he really needs to come back.

vcs

Wasn't "Jono is a ****" a meme? Must have been a tad annoying for him when newbies joined in though.

Excellent guy, we need him back if only for the tennis thread.

Daemon

***** supports India and Hong Kong. The Bangladesh and everything else is a hipster facade. In his heart, he knows.

cnerd123

likes this
Pretty sure I called Jono a **** for first time because I thought it was funny that a n00b like me would dare to do it

This was before I realised that CW wasn't like that ****hole PC tho. People here actually cared about cricket, I could not get away with being the smartest kid in the room just because I was the only one who could read.

So I held off on the troll schtick till I felt I could intelligently defend myself in a cricket conversation and was armed with sufficient enough information to make informed opinions.

I got about 20% in on the way on that and decided to be a troll again. ****ing sue me.

:ph34r:

SillyCowCorner1

Great thread...I love cricket, hence I support all the team (Guernsey and Jersey are good up and coming teams).

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Pretty sure I called Jono a **** for first time because I thought it was funny that a n00b like me would dare to do it

This was before I realised that CW wasn't like that ****hole PC tho. People here actually cared about cricket, I could not get away with being the smartest kid in the room just because I was the only one who could read.

So I held off on the troll schtick till I felt I could intelligently defend myself in a cricket conversation and was armed with sufficient enough information to make informed opinions.

I got about 20% in on the way on that and decided to be a troll again. ****ing sue me.

:ph34r:
Whenever a new fan comes on the board, they act like such an expert. I still find some of the stuff overratedsanity says noobish but he has improved so much over the years. Actually appreciate how he follows so much cricket..

OverratedSanity

Whenever a new fan comes on the board, they act like such an expert. I still find some of the stuff overratedsanity says noobish but he has improved so much over the years. Actually appreciate how he follows so much cricket..
That's not patronizing at all