• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Re ***** supporting both India and Bangladesh

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
@*****: Thanks for the answer. Obviously saying one doesn't need a reason to support a specific team is fine, I think we all understand that as sports fans.

In no way did I mean to attack you or anticipate that you didn't want this discussed on a thread. For example, SilentStriker is quite clear that he grew up in India and supports India in cricket and having spent so many years in US, has follows US in a lot of sports like soccer when they make a world cup etc.

You have given me some answers (ambigious though they might be), that you have had connections with these countries or seen people growing up support some of these countries which has made you support these countries. I for one love telling people the reasons I support particular countries and given that you support a fair few countries, I thought it would be interesting to know.
That was your first mistake right there tbh.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I had a theory that he just supports the Asian sides whenever they play the non-Asian sides, and when two Asian sides meet he flips a coin.

cnerd123

likes this
Hahaha that posts is 6 years old wtf how did you find it

I used to like NZ till they stole Mark Chapman. ****ing ****s. So glad they're now BD's whipping boys.

Had a soft spot for the Windies for a while, don't really care for them much now.

S.Kennedy

***** supporting non-Asians (Kiwis/Windies?). Well there goes my theory about him supporting all the Asian sides!

S.Kennedy

To paraphrase Winston, *****'s cricket inclination is a ''riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma''.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Trundler, it’s easy as a callow youth to be confused about the world, but in this case your first instincts are right. ***** is just a ****.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If you support Bangladesh in Bangladesh v India, how can you support India in all other series India play? Then you are a neutral in India v England..
If you have a strong preference for who you want to win a given game or series, for whatever reason, you're not a neutral IMO. I don't think whether you like another team not involved into the contest at all even more really has any bearing on that.

Bijed

International Regular
Fairly sure ***** posted a hierarchy of who he supports somewhere a while back, from memory it was something like:

Bangladesh > India > Anyone playing England or Australia > England > Australia

Not sure who he prefers in a, for example, match between SA and Pakistan. Maybe he's like Shakib and DGAF

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Fairly sure ***** posted a hierarchy of who he supports somewhere a while back, from memory it was something like:

Hong Kong actually seems to be #1.

This hierarchy can change if a game is much more important to one team than another though. If HK was playing Bangladesh in a World Cup game that was almost meaningless for HK already but Bangladesh needed to win to progress to the next stage, he'd probably support Bangladesh (but then party hard after the game if HK won anyway).

Bijed

International Regular
*****, please could you provide a flowchart covering all scenarios so that we can work out who you're supporting in any given international match? Thanks

Howe_zat

Audio File

Not sure who he prefers in a, for example, match between SA and Pakistan. Maybe he's like Shakib and DGAF
This is the most unremarkable thing though. Most of us have one or two at both ends and then just hope for something popular and interesting in the middle, like an away win or Herath five-for.

Two teams meme could just as easily be about GS (Aus&WI) or Dan (Aus&NZ). In fact Cribbage managing to dodge this despite supporting Australia, England, Ireland and Zimbabwe is the odd bit.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This is the most unremarkable thing though. Most of us have one or two at both ends and then just hope for something popular and interesting in the middle, like an away win or Herath five-for.

Two teams meme could just as easily be about GS (Aus&WI) or Dan (Aus&NZ). In fact Cribbage managing to dodge this despite supporting Australia, England, Ireland and Zimbabwe is the odd bit.
***** really hams it up by using "we" to describe his favourite 47 teams, and posting emotional reactions when they win/lose all the time.

Bijed

International Regular

Tbh mine goes: Herath > England > Anyone else > Australia

Actually, I'd go so far as to suggest that anyone who's hierarchy doesn't start with His Roundness isn't really a true cricket fan

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
***** really hams it up by using "we" to describe his favourite 47 teams, and posting emotional reactions when they win/lose all the time.
Goes to show that being loud has copped him flack more than anything else though. Whoever said he was to become the new Jono was right

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Goes to show that being loud has copped him flack more than anything else though. Whoever said he was to become the new Jono was right
Jono wasn't just criticised despite being a good poster like ***** though; it seemed like Jono was criticsed almost because he was a good poster (he was the best we had IMO). CW culture can be odd.