• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite Pokemon

Bijed

International Regular
What with the 'Is Arcanine a legendary pokemon thread' I feel like asking you all one of the most important questions that there is - 'Which Pokemon species is your favourite?'

As an added bonus, I'm also asking 'Which Pokemon game is your favourite?'

Pokemon: Tyranitar

Game: Emerald

cnerd123

likes this
Golduck
Gengar
Gyrados
Nidoking/Nidoqueen
Onix/Steelix
Houndoom
Umbreon
Scyther/Scizor
Ampharos
Bayleef

First two Gen games were great. Lost interest gen 3 onwards

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think Yellow would have been the one I played the most. So I'll say that was my fave.

I think I generally preferred the anime to the games though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Played a lot of Pokemon Stadium on the N64 too, but not entirely sure why as I never really liked it all that much.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I didn't like 3rd generation but I did like Fire Red and Leaf Green more than Red and Blue.

Howe_zat

Audio File
No idea really. It’s like trying to pick a favourite song. Good times with so many.

These days when I pick up a game for a run through I usually try and use something I’ve not had on the team before, so many of them turn out to be great.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I didn't like 3rd generation but I did like Fire Red and Leaf Green more than Red and Blue.
Like most people our age I didn’t play gen III for ages because of supposedly ‘growing out of it’ I.e. it was no longer okay to play Pokemon in secondary school. Went back and started collecting the games again in university and thought gen III probably has the best collection of new mons, although the region isn’t great.

The remakes in general are better than the originals because, y’know, time marches on. It’s a way of updating and fixing the mistakes. I still have Red but I know it’s aged badly with ****** AI and grind to win gameplay.

cnerd123

likes this
i've been trying to reply Yellow on my phone (because I realised I had never actually beaten the Elite 4 back when I was a kid) and i've only just reached the SilphScope/Gambling/Giovanni storyline and **** me the grind is already killing me.

I don't think I stopped because it was socially unacceptable, I stopped because I just didn't have the same time as I did when I was younger.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I stopped when I could no longer hold spacebar and zoom through training on vba. Have DS emulators got any better?

Howe_zat

Audio File
I stopped when I could no longer hold spacebar and zoom through training on vba. Have DS emulators got any better?
Desmume still a bit slow but if you have a good gaming system it'll at least run as fast as a DS, or a bit quicker with frame skip on.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I like Poochyean. Also have the sudden urge to fire up an emulator and build an all dog pokemon team.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Are Eevee and the Eeveelutions dogs or cats
Neither, they are generic deviantart bait

Probably closer to dogs than the Poochyena line, which are meant to be hyenas.

Dog mons: Arcanine, Houndoom, Stoutland, Furfrou, Manectric, Lycanroc, Granbull, Lucario. Could make a good team out of that (Furfrou's rubbish)

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I stopped because my family couldn't afford a DS

Gold is my fav but the overall quality of gen 2 pokemon is really bad. so much trash except for like, Hearcross.