• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Arcanine a legendary pokemon?

Bijed

International Regular
have they made fire pokemon like Arcanine any better in the current games
The only change in Sun & Moon that I can think of that affects fire-types as a whole is the halving of the damage dealt by the burn status effect.

In Generation VI, when they introduced the new fairy type, they made it weak to fire moves which I guess counts as making fire-types better.

They have been increasing some of the stats of some older Pokémon, beginning in X & Y, which will have helped some fire-types.

Going back to Gen IV, Arcanine was helped by the split of moves into physical/special on an individual basis, rather than it just being type-dependent, but others will have lost out as a result of this.

Actually, I can't think when it happened, but when Groudon's ability stopped making permanent sun, that was a small nerf.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The only change in Sun & Moon that I can think of that affects fire-types as a whole is the halving of the damage dealt by the burn status effect.

In Generation VI, when they introduced the new fairy type, they made it weak to fire moves which I guess counts as making fire-types better.

They have been increasing some of the stats of some older Pokémon, beginning in X & Y, which will have helped some fire-types.

Going back to Gen IV, Arcanine was helped by the split of moves into physical/special on an individual basis, rather than it just being type-dependent, but others will have lost out as a result of this.

Actually, I can't think when it happened, but when Groudon's ability stopped making permanent sun, that was a small nerf.
Yeah overall they're much better than the were in gen I/II, mostly because of new moves and the physical/special split. FTR Fairy types aren't weak to Fire, but Fire types resist Fairy moves. Also when they introduced Fairy, Steel became good, and Fire works against Steel.

Dunno what you mean with Groudon's ability (Drought), in fact when OR/AS was released they buffed him by giving him a mega. In gen V they gave a few mons like Ninetales Drought as a hidden ability, so sun teams became a thing for a while in competitive.

Last edited:

Bijed

International Regular
Yeah overall they're much better than the were in gen I/II, mostly because of new moves and the physical/special split. FTR Fairy types aren't weak to Fire, but Fire types resist Fairy moves. Also when they introduced Fairy, Steel became good, and Fire works against Steel.

Dunno what you mean with Groudon's ability (Drought), in fact when OR/AS was released they buffed him by giving him a mega. In gen V they gave a few mons like Ninetales Drought as a hidden ability, so sun teams became a thing for a while in competitive.
With Drought now you only get 5 turns of sun (8 with a heat rock), as if you'd used Sunny Day, as opposed to it staying forever unless another weather move/ability was used. Turns out this changed in Gen VI. I think if it's Groudon in primal form that causes it, it stays until he's gone though. Good points about others having access to drought and about the fairy/steel thing

cnerd123

likes this
FFS guys isn't being a cricket nerd enough, how do you find the time to geek out on Pokémon too.

I gave up when they started bringing in ugly dogs as Legendaries. Gave X & Y a shot because it had real time multiplayer but that ghost coat of arms Pokémon put me way off. That a the flying ice cream cone. Like wtf.

Howe_zat

Audio File
With Drought now you only get 5 turns of sun (8 with a heat rock), as if you'd used Sunny Day, as opposed to it staying forever unless another weather move/ability was used. Turns out this changed in Gen VI.
Did not know that. I did wonder where all the weather teams went, but was fed up of fighting them

Bijed

International Regular
FFS guys isn't being a cricket nerd enough, how do you find the time to geek out on Pokémon too.

I gave up when they started bringing in ugly dogs as Legendaries. Gave X & Y a shot because it had real time multiplayer but that ghost coat of arms Pokémon put me way off. That a the flying ice cream cone. Like wtf.
I hated the sword/shield one at first too, but it's grown on me. The ice cream ones are dire though. There have been bad Pokemon designs right from Gen I, but there's a lot more now where they've basically looked across the office/out the window, seen something and gone 'that's our next Pokemon!'. I suppose really it's no worse than just doing all the obvious animals like in the earlier days, but these ones just don't seem as good. Probably nostalgia talking though.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was always going to be hard once they exhausted most animals and stuff.

A lot of the newer generations have jarring colour combinations and random accessory type things. Best I can think of off the top of my head is Rhyperior. Rhydon was cool as hell but why add random orange blocks on him?

I mean I get wanting to break away from the Gen I formula of making evolutions bigger and angrier versions of what they evolved from but...I felt like that worked best.

Attachments

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
As always, they’re the same.

You might want to hang on for the sequels being released this month.
Yeah you should wait. It's an "enhanced version" which should mean there are basically no advantages to not waiting other than the actual wait itself, which is about three weeks.