• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Arcanine a legendary pokemon?

Teja.

Global Moderator
I'm paranoid that i'm having mandela effect

Was a pokemon tcg obsessive 15 or so years ago.

i remember 100% that the card description said Arcanine is a legendary pokemon.

But it is an evolution. Further, there are multiple arcanines.

But I remember with remarkable clarity that it was described as a legendary pokemon.

Someone plz halp.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Pokedex in the games mention he's seen as a Legendary Pokemon in China, but that seems like a poor choice of words above anything else and later games instead use the term "magnificence" and "graceful" and mention that he's DESCRIBED in legends. - reddit

Bijed

International Regular
I'm paranoid that i'm having mandela effect

Was a pokemon tcg obsessive 15 or so years ago.

i remember 100% that the card description said Arcanine is a legendary pokemon.

But it is an evolution. Further, there are multiple arcanines.

But I remember with remarkable clarity that it was described as a legendary pokemon.

Someone plz halp.
It's 'category' is 'Legendary Pokemon' as Bulbasaur's is 'Seed Pokemon', but it's not actually one of the legendary species.

Just to unnecessarily pick holes in your argument that it isn't legendary (even though that is the case here), since Sun and Moon came out, actual Legendary Pokemon can be part of an evolution chain, and if you're speaking in game terms, you're correct re there being multiple suggesting it's not legendary, but in the anime you see for example a Lugia with a baby, so they're not necessarily unique

Last edited:

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
I remember reading somewhere that he originally was supposed to be a legendary (hence the relatively high stats), but the developers changed their mind. The TCG card defo mentioned him as a legendary and could be because of this.

Bijed

International Regular
Yeah, this picture from the early anime shows him with the Legendary Birds, backing up the theory that he was meant to be a 'true' legendary.

legendaries.png

Possibly they decided not to do 2 fire legendaries?

Athlai

Not Terrible
The anime came after the game, and it wasn't a legendary in Red/Blue/Yellow. The Japanese version of Red did say that it was a legendary pokemon in China.

Pretty sure it's just mistranslations. Can't see any record it was ever supposed to be a special pokemon like Mewtwo or the birds.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea I defo remember Arcanine being a Pokémon who was mentioned in legends Vs actually being a legendary Pokémon

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's 'category' is 'Legendary Pokemon' as Bulbasaur's is 'Seed Pokemon', but it's not actually one of the legendary species.

Just to unnecessarily pick holes in your argument that it isn't legendary (even though that is the case here), since Sun and Moon came out, actual Legendary Pokemon can be part of an evolution chain, and if you're speaking in game terms, you're correct re there being multiple suggesting it's not legendary, but in the anime you see for example a Lugia with a baby, so they're not necessarily unique
Yeah this is the answer.

It's "the legendary Pokemon", but it's not a legendary in the same way Mewtwo or Lugia are.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The anime came after the game, and it wasn't a legendary in Red/Blue/Yellow. The Japanese version of Red did say that it was a legendary pokemon in China.

Pretty sure it's just mistranslations. Can't see any record it was ever supposed to be a special pokemon like Mewtwo or the birds.
Also the word ‘legendary’ isn’t a thing in the originals except to describe Arcanine. Using ‘legendary’ to describe one of a kind Pokémon comes from the English dub of the anime, and was later included in the English version of the games.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
teja is a legendary poster

in that I will be mocking him until the end of days now

Teja.

Global Moderator
teja is a legendary poster
This is not true and actually just a popular mistranslation, evidenced by the fact that I am neither one a kind nor have evolved as a poster.

The tl;dr is that most of my posting history is a hopelessly confused and badly translated mess.