• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why can't we all be friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lets stop being ****s.

There's a lot of bullying going on here and we need to stop. Everyone's so aggressive these days. Just chill out. Guys like pratters, smali and weldone don't deserve half the **** they cop and bullying them is just making it worse.

There has never been a single case in the history of the internet who has changed his/her posting because someone yelled at him and called him a ****.

I think I'll last a week before I unleash on poor weldone or pratters but I'm 100% going to try and play nice from now on. I may be on some of the nastiest shwag known to man atm, but this is the real me believe it or not

OverratedSanity

Yeah it's a little unpleasant. Feel everyone (including me) has contributed to it but ***** don't you just like the posts and not say anything you ****. Vince McMahon-esque bullying from you these days.

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah it's a little unpleasant. Feel everyone (including me) has contributed to it but ***** don't you just like the posts and not say anything you ****. Vince McMahon-esque bullying from you these days.
Man even I can only tolerate so much.

A large part of it is honestly just curiosity on why they post what they post. What is driving them? Do they genuinely think they are being funny or insightful? How are they existing with such terrible humor and/or lack of intelligence? Are they not self aware? And heck, all of us make bad posts at times. Why are they so ****ing defensive when called out on it? I post **** a ton of times. I did Burgeypoo a few days ago and copped flak for it. It's fine.

And similarly, so much of what they post is clearly driven by passive-aggressive maliciousness. Weldone especially. That whole thing in the Eng/BD test about 'loving how the England fans are now complaining about selections" when it wasn't even remotely true. Clearly he is holding some repressed emotions about people and things that comes out in really ****** posting and leads to these nasty arguments and flame wars.

And yea, talking **** to them won't change their behaviour. I know that. But it's so god damn satisfying. And eventually, you hope, that at some point, if a massive group of people get together and call you a **** repeatedly over and over, it may finally occur to you that maybe there is something wrong with your behavior and you need to take a loot at yourself at the mirror.

On that note I'll stop being such a dick. I might even have to use the ignore function now...

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ignore doesn't work because others quote the idiot on your list and you see most of the **** anyway. Haven't had anyone in it in forever.

smash84

The Tiger King
Lets stop being ****s.

There's a lot of bullying going on here and we need to stop. Everyone's so aggressive these days. Just chill out. Guys like pratters, smali and weldone don't deserve half the **** they cop and bullying them is just making it worse.

There has never been a single case in the history of the internet who has changed his/her posting because someone yelled at him and called him a ****.

I think I'll last a week before I unleash on poor weldone or pratters but I'm 100% going to try and play nice from now on. I may be on some of the nastiest shwag known to man atm, but this is the real me believe it or not

hmmm, tend to disagree somewhat on getting myself for copping the most ****. I definitely don't cop nearly as much as weldone or pratters. The most I cop for is gambhiring. Which is ok to an extent. I see a direct correlation between gambhiring and Pakistan's ranking :ph34r:

However, it must be said that some of the posters on here are nasty as **** and a little politeness on their part might help.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Here's a line that I came across while 'surfing the internets': Passive aggression is a helluva drug.

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lets stop being ****s.

Agreed, and on this point there are people who really should be bullied or bullied more. Here's my shortlist of people who deserve to be made feel unwelcome here.

- Jono

If we can bully at least half the people on this list off this forum I think we can rebuild it's friendly atmosphere, which I myself have never experienced in my short time here.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Unfortunately, most of the people on here suffer from catastrophic personality defects (myself included). This, generally speaking, tends to impede friendship quite severely.

Daemon

Report:

Little bit of hostility in the Bangladesh England (in order of merit) test series. I must say I wasn't pleased with weldone's posting as well as some of the reactions regarding the complaints around selection. Whether what he said was true or not is irrelevant, it was posted in an antagonistic manner and the response was disproportionately hostile as well. Co-operation is needed from both the bullies and the victim to make CW great again.

Anyways, on to more important business. Posters who engage in good behaviour get a Spirit of Cricketweb award. This weeks award goes to vcs. I cannot recall a single moment of hostility from him towards another poster in the recent past. Good stuff vcs and congratulations.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The problem here is who is the bully, and who is the bullied, reckon we could have an interesting discussion on that.

Yet it wouldn't be allowed. The very nature of trollish behaviour is to illicit the response though, so it's pretty much the Troll instigating it.

Last edited:

Daemon

The constant aggression shown towards him has contributed to what are now perceived as his negative attributes.

But anyways, I don't want to have a discussion on the factors at play, the point is let's all just be a little bit nicer.

Last edited:

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
This is news to me. Is it possible to be bullied on a cricket forum by posters who I don't know in real life and don't affcet my life in any way or form?

Status
Not open for further replies.