• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Jono surpass Richard's cricket chat post tally?

Will Jono surpass Richard's cricket chat post tally?

• No chance at all now

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Is this iconic record still on for Jono? It was actually looking a decent shout a few years back when he had that purple patch around 2010-11. Now seems very much an outside chance.

He's now 30 years & 229 days and has currently amassed 36412 cricket chat posts, so requires a further 64699 posts to surpass Richard.

He really needs to post until at least 36-37 to achieve it imo, and even then it's a big ask requiring close to a 10000 posts a year on average.

One thing in Jono's favour is the fact he generally posts more **** than anyone else these days, so it's not crazy to think he could average 13 posts an hour for the next 5-6 years which would mean I cbf to work it out.

Given he needs so much to go his way, along with the personal desire to want to post that long, infractions, & politics amongst other things, I predict he'll fall short by over 1000 posts at this stage.

Anyone give him much of a chance?

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jono will surpass it. Just needs 17100 or so more which he should be able to do in 3-4 years. I think he has been posting 8000-10000 posts per year right now. Richard loves his records (he might claim otherwise but whatever) and so might try to retain the record. However, posting is a habit and he won't be able to match Jono's posting rate in this. Only chance Richard has is to realise this and start posting soon.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Oh cricket chat tally? Don't care too much about that. It's the number below the avatar which matters in this regard.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The thing about Richard is he was the Monty Panesar of Cricket Chat, making the same post 60,000 times.

Mind you in spinners terms, Jono is the Ian Salisbury of Cricket Chat...

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Given he needs so much to go his way, along with the personal desire to want to post that long, infractions, & politics amongst other things, I predict he'll fall short by over 1000 posts at this stage.

The desire is most certainly there based on the recent past. The fire is burning, even if not as prolific as he was at his peak. There are some tough assignments against tough opposition coming up but being an Indian fan means you also get to post crap during off season about meaningless T20 leagues when everyone else is away, you get to pad up your stats.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is this iconic record still on for Jono? It was actually looking a decent shout a few years back when he had that purple patch around 2010-11. Now seems very much an outside chance.

He's now 30 years & 229 days and has currently amassed 36412 cricket chat posts, so requires a further 64699 posts to surpass Richard.

He really needs to post until at least 36-37 to achieve it imo, and even then it's a big ask requiring close to a 10000 posts a year on average.

One thing in Jono's favour is the fact he generally posts more **** than anyone else these days, so it's not crazy to think he could average 13 posts an hour for the next 5-6 years which would mean I cbf to work it out.

Beautifully articulated this!

Howe_zat

Audio File
Jono posted fine through most of 2014. Averaged 20 a day against England that year despite India getting owned.

Either way I think he has done his tough mid-career slump and come out the other side, and he didn't really drop far off the pace in terms of posting volume. Thread started count not what it could have been but that's a different measure.

Reason I haven't shifted from 'unlikely' is because you can look at the likes of Brumby and Mr Mxyzptlk. We are often happy to predict posting will continue at their current rate through a forumer's thirties and forties, but only after the coincidental careers of Richard, marc, GIMH and PEWS got us used to the idea. It's actually pretty weird.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jono posted fine through most of 2014. Averaged 20 a day against England that year despite India getting owned.

Either way I think he has done his tough mid-career slump and come out the other side, and he didn't really drop far off the pace in terms of posting volume. Thread started count not what it could have been but that's a different measure.

Reason I haven't shifted from 'unlikely' is because you can look at the likes of Brumby and Mr Mxyzptlk. We are often happy to predict posting will continue at their current rate through a forumer's thirties and forties, but only after the coincidental careers of Richard, marc, GIMH and PEWS got us used to the idea. It's actually pretty weird.
I know this is taking the piss but I think Brumby's posting rate is a fair bit more consistent than marc's :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
23 wickets @ 56.78 with an E/R of 2.56 vs 20 @ 76.95 with an E/R of 3.70. I'll take that thanks, #clearlybetterthanjono

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Zinzan/TC are clearly better and are gonna break the record eventually but Joni still has an outside chance of breaking it before them...