• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

standardised likes: how much are you worth?

Shady Slim

International Coach
hello one and all, and welcome to the cricketweb like exchange!

we (and by that i mean you) calculate how much your likes are worth with our simple mathematic formula!

the formula is likes received/likes given

going by that a standard like is 1/1, ie, 1, then you can work out how many standard likes your likes are worth!

for me it's 210/1020

calculating only to two decimal places of course because money, i work out to one of my likes being worth .21 standard likes

i flood the market

Howe_zat

Audio File
Not all likes are equal. I would like to see a system of standardised like depending on how difficult conditions were for like-receiving at the time. Receiving likes by disparaging Blocky in a NZ tour thread is very much cashing in against a weak attack. Some posters have to spend time in the county cricket thread trying to get likes off wpdavid, and doing the hard yards there should be valued.

cpr

International Coach
719/279. I'm worth 2.58 more than you (IMO)

Likes garnered through OT and Sports forum only, where the crowds are tougher. Really I'm worth so much more.

Also I think the random Smudge likes from 8 year old posts are worth 5x a normal like, which easily gives me another 100 or 2....

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I hardly ever hit the like button so have a figure of 49.7

***** liking everything surely has to be factored in somewhere.

cpr

International Coach
OT is the easiest, all you have to do is go to American Politics Thread and call Tumtum a wanker.

Tend to avoid that thread because calling people a wanker is pretty much my standard response to some in there. Losing TumTum will not change that.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Likes received / posts since likes were introduced

It's too hard though so whatevs

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Also I think the random Smudge likes from 8 year old posts are worth 5x a normal like, which easily gives me another 100 or 2....
What can I say - you fascinate me. And occasionally arouse me.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
When were likes implemented? Early 2014?

A snap of CW around that time can be found here - https://web.archive.org/web/20140217195425/http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/forum.php

Note that when you navigate to different pages the date it was archived will probably change, so it's not the most accurate way to do things but whatever

I had 12,687 posts at that point and now have 18,101

So my score would be 3742 / 5415 = 0.69
I had my first like around the time it was implemented, which was mid-2013.