• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should pensioners be allowed to vote?

Should pensioners be allowed to vote?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Only if they Simon Says first

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Of course they should.

It does show a flaw in the campaign of Remain, the fact that the youth wanted to stay should have been emphasised hugely, and guilt trip the elder into following them.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I created this poll in the Testing forum because I hadn't done one for so long that I wasn't sure exactly how they work. I did everything right here and then the actual one I wanted to create in the sports forum I forgot to make public. I'm blaming Fynnon Bath Salts.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Does anyone know what percentage of those people saying that older people shouldn't vote are supporters of 67 year old Jeremy Corbyn?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Allow them to vote in a ballot box the false bottom of which opens up to a garbage can.

JBMAC

State Captain
I take great offense to the content in all the posts above and suggest Mods check it out. I am one of those pensioners and believe I try to stay informed and on target. Is it "pick on old people week" ?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unfortunately the mods and plenty of forum members don't care about ageism. Hurricane has got away with it time and again.

cpr

International Coach
I am one of those pensioners and believe I try to stay informed and on target.
Sadly thats a rarity in people in general, regardless of age.

All this talk that the pensioners have 'done' the younger generation is stupid IMO. We've all got the right to vote for whats best for us, and there's a clear difference in what people want at different ages. I'm interested in the job opportunities and workers rights protection Europe brings - those are my key thoughts in the referendum. I'm guessing someone who has retired and looking towards their latter years may be worried about the failing NHS, the lack of state care for the elderly etc, and are probably thinking 'I've paid into this system for 50 years, it needs to last to look after me'. When one party is pretending to put £350m a week into health, can you blame them for choosing that over workers rights that they don't need?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I take great offense to the content in all the posts above and suggest Mods check it out.
Pretty sure they are all tongue in cheek comments JBMAC and not to be taken seriously. That said, I can understand why you would take offence........replace the "Old" with "Immigrants" or "Woman" and all of a sudden the jokes are really crossing the line.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i don't know why the intital responders to this thread actually posted seriously. it's the testing forum ffs

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I take great offense to the content in all the posts above and suggest Mods check it out. I am one of those pensioners and believe I try to stay informed and on target. Is it "pick on old people week" ?
waaaah

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know if anyone is genuinely taking this thread seriously. But anyway for the record, I wanted to remind myself how to do a poll having not done one for a few years so did a send up of the the prisoners voting poll that was active in off-topic at the time. Originally it was going to be Should Cricket Web Forum members be allowed to vote?