• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Have posting standards massively declined in recent years?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Reading CW recently, I have noticed one thing - if threads even have a little bit of juice in them then the posts are generally quite low-standard.

Now I didn't watch that game, but I have had the misfortune of having to read a 30 page debate on the pitch condition of the India/South Africa game. What is clear is that a return to turning-based wickets in India have seen the number of **** posts be 215....which is pretty bad for threads which aren't the England V India at Trent Bridge 2011 thread. And you can survive and make good posts like spikey does with some patience.

Let's also look at Adelaide. It is quite a bit more bowler-friendly than your average Adelaide wicket, yes. But green/bouncy enough to see 12 Jono posts on one day for about 250 likes? That I'm not sure about. It still looked a pretty **** thread.

And let's not forget the Ashes. The threads had spikey but they were far from pasag. Yet you saw **** like 60 all out, and spark only reaching 400 posts in a thread (on a very low word count) once despite some often very average posting from Sledger. Plus also once a side got on top, they stayed there and the opposition's posting would inevitably collapse.

What is clear to me that unless you have a massive thread (like what we saw at BOTM, and also the wrestling thread) posts in the last year or so have been quite low at cricket web. This can only mean in my eyes that posting standards are pretty poor these days. Bring back Richard. Do you agree?

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've been studying this trend closely for some time, and from what I can ascertain the decline had its origins back in December of 2005.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GIMH joined a few months after the greatest series of all time and you know what they say about a team doing well and the resulting blow ins..

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
GIMH joined a few months after the greatest series of all time and you know what they say about a team doing well and the resulting blow ins..
My disappearance after all the **** England performances over the last decade certainly backs to your point

Holy ****, just realised, I joined I think on the 1st or 2nd December. Henceforth, a decade of decadence is upon us.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Have to say I've never found any of the old threads in OT particularly funny. Guess you had to be there to understand the context of the humour though.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have to say I've never found any of the old threads in OT particularly funny. Guess you had to be there to understand the context of the humour though.
You're mostly right, like in everything nostalgia is the scourge of the World. Interminable stuff a lot of the time.

Will say the lack of Brumbers ATM is bringing the place down though......

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
This is why we need to bring back Richards. Guy averaged 50 in the era of Pasag, Precam, Aussie etc. That meant something back then.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I really enjoyed the AUs-NZ thread actually and yet once it ended it kinda went to garbage when Skyliner and CM_Punk upped their posting...

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Best in the world at what he does, tbh: jerking his knee into perfectly fine things.