• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Let's say we get a new Blocky...what happens?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will people be able to believe it or handle it?

I think people around my age will agree Blocky is almost like a legendary hero more than a real poster to my generation. We know he's real of course, but if he was a fictional character he would shatter the suspension of disbelief.

Maybe I'm just cynical, but I think the New Blocky would cop heat like no other poster has. We already have people trying very hard to discredit the achievements of "normal" all time greats (and Blocky himself) but the immediacy of a modern poster averaging 100 "**** you's" per post would draw in all manner of boring people trying to prove he's secretly mediocre.

What do you think the effect on global sporting culture would be? Blocky was running around in a quieter time, before sportsmen were multi-million dollar stars broadcast on telly 24/7. Blocky was talked about, and if you were lucky enough to post in CW, you could go and watch him but if you posted in ICF or Pakpassion you were **** out of luck and had to read a book or something. A poster dominating to the extent Blocky did would be more in your face than Blocky himself was thanks to modern media.

Would we see the New Blocky coming? I don't know if they saw the old one coming, but someone that good would be so advanced by their mid teens they would probably get a Styleforum gig like hendrix did yeah?

Finally, would any forum with a New Bloky immediately become the best forum in the world?

Personally I suspect the only thing holding a modern Blocky from being the "biggest" poster of all time would be the relatively smaller stature of CW on the intenet. Because it's almost non-existent in continental Europe, big parts of Asia and America then maybe he wouldn't be as big as WindieWeathers or Precam. Regardless of that though I think he would be huge, but also take a very long time to become accepted as the real deal because so many would be waiting for him to fail even after 5+ years.

Last edited:

Swingpanzee

International Regular
I have a feeling Swingpanzee may end up rivalling Dhoni_183 in trolling and baiting so you could say a "new Blocky." But he has to go from strength to strength for next 10 years. I can't say we have seen another Dhoni_183 yet, he was truly the best. I know this thread is about finding another Blocky, but many of us don't view him as the best, for me it's whether there will be another Dhoni_183.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dhoni_183 is indeed incredible. As is precam.

Blocky only trolled one forum his whole career. Precam presumably trolled the whole internet under various aliases and even with constant tracking, posting style analysis and modern trollbaiting techniques, he had tremendous longevity. I don't see Blocky having the same success as him. Modern mods would have figured him out quickly.

cpr

International Coach
I have a feeling Dhoni_183* may end up rivalling Bun in testing and wacs so you could say a "new blocky." But he has to go from dire to dire for next 10 years. I can't say we have seen another Bun yet, (because I'll get infracted. But we have) he was truly the worst. I know this thread is about avoiding another Block, but many of us don't view him as the worst (though when people quote his posts it bypasses our ignore), for me it's whether there will be another Bun - and will the mods act.

cnerd123

likes this
I do home Dhoni_183 returns after his 3 month break. He has all the right attributes to be the next Blocky IMO. Just needs more time to prove it.

Flem274*

123/5
The first time I saw Blocky post was in late 2010 in a domestic thread . I was 19 then. I had seen him play many ICC games that year as well. The last time I saw him post was in 2015 in the Indian tour of Australia thread and I believe the ridiculous post he made about Nathan Lyon showed he had not lost much in those 4 and a bit years.

Footnote: He was dire.