• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A new age of posting has befallen me

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I discovered this by accident earlier today, funnily enough. How long has it been implemented?

James

Cricket Web Owner
At least 5 years. I can see people talking about it on the official vbulletin forum in 2009.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
At least 5 years. I can see people talking about it on the official vbulletin forum in 2009.
Yup. I actually avoided Chrome for a while as those shortcuts wouldn't work on it until the last update. Might be why some people didn't know about it.

There's also a quick reply option guys, ftr.
Alt+s to post it. My favorite option since the upgrade.

Also, Alt+F4 changes the forum skin.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ctrl + W is pretty useful for opening a new window. If you tap the 'W' twice quickly it opens a new incognito window.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Alt+S has worked forever on IE. I remember when I switched to Firefox my horror at it not working, may even have made a thread about it

G.I.Joe

International Coach
My most abused button is the middle click to open a link in a background tab. Ctrl + I/B/U probably the only browser keyboard shortcuts that I use.

Howe_zat

Audio File
My most abused button is the middle click to open a link in a background tab. Ctrl + I/B/U probably the only browser keyboard shortcuts that I use.
I use this so much that to change the web page I usually middle-click a link to open it in a new tab and then close the current tab.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I use this so much that to change the web page I usually middle-click a link to open it in a new tab and then close the current tab.
Ooh, same here. It feels strange to open a link in the same tab. You're actually forced to sit back and wait for the page to load if you do that.