• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I have some Burrito questions:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hi guys,

For starters, I must politely ask that this thread not be moved to a different, less-active forum because it is quite important that I receive some feedback on this.

Chicken or Beef?
Sour cream, Y/N?
Hottest possible salsa or "mild"?
Mini, normal or jumbo sized Tortillas?
Have you ever put refried beans onto your Burrito?
Do you have trouble keeping your Burrito together while eating?
What do you do with all that left over lettuce?
After how many Burritos do you start to feel a bit sick?

I will have some questions later. Thank you.

Riggins

International Captain
Beef.
N.
Hottest possible.
Jumbo.
Yes, not a fan.
No.
Leave it in the fridge with the intention of putting it on a sandwich and then throw it out after about 4 days.
2 large or 3 medium.

Spikey

Those are some earnest answers. Thank you Riggins. Having talked to some Mexicans during my life, I have heard some good things about refried beans. What is your problem with refried beans? Have you got any additional questions?

Riggins

International Captain
I do not like the texture, the taste, the smell or their effect on my body. Overall I think they are a bad addition to any food particularly Burritos and Nachos.

My main question is about spiciness. Do you champion the addition of strong spice to the mince mixture pre/during cooking or solely spice control through sauce?

Spikey

I obviously do not actually cook my own meat, but yes I encourage my cook to add additional spices. They are solely needed

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Hi guys,

For starters, I must politely ask that this thread not be moved to a different, less-active forum because it is quite important that I receive some feedback on this.

Chicken or Beef?
Sour cream, Y/N?
Hottest possible salsa or "mild"?
Mini, normal or jumbo sized Tortillas?
Have you ever put refried beans onto your Burrito?
Do you have trouble keeping your Burrito together while eating?
What do you do with all that left over lettuce?
After how many Burritos do you start to feel a bit sick?

I will have some questions later. Thank you.
Chicken
N
Hottest possible
Jumbo
I think so, yes
Sometimes
Intentionally add extra of all ingredients to create a mini burrito salad next to the main course

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not only did I eat at a Mexican restaurant tonight, I've talked to some Mexican people before so feeling pretty confident here.

Beef
Yes
Hottest possible
One
Jumbo
Yes
Depends on stuffing level
Make a mess on rest of the meal and eat it all together at the end
2-3

For benchmark's question, you're talking enclosed or not enclosed. Open = taco, fully wrapped = burrito.

Looking forward to more questions Spikey.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Beef
Y
Hottest possible
Jumbo
No
Occasionally
Build a little fort with it
Will need to conduct further research. Have done 3 with no ill effects, but never gone beyond

Last edited:

morgieb

Chicken or Beef? Beef
Sour cream, Y/N? Yes
Hottest possible salsa or "mild"? Mild
Mini, normal or jumbo sized Tortillas? Normal.
Have you ever put refried beans onto your Burrito? Yes, although I've now moved to general Mexe-Beans to mix in with the beef mince + onions.
Do you have trouble keeping your Burrito together while eating? Yes, quite often.
What do you do with all that left over lettuce? Toss it, but we generally eat most of it.
After how many Burritos do you start to feel a bit sick? Can eat like 3 normal.

Last edited by a moderator:

_Ed_

Also, what's everyone's thoughts on the controversial 'breakfast burrito'? Yay or nay?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Having once waved like a Mexican, I feel I have great knowledge to answer these questions.

Chicken or Beef? Both, but normally chicken
Sour cream, Y/N? Y
Hottest possible salsa or "mild"? Hot
Mini, normal or jumbo sized Tortillas? Normal
Have you ever put refried beans onto your Burrito? Of course I have
Do you have trouble keeping your Burrito together while eating? It depends.
What do you do with all that left over lettuce? Eat it.
After how many Burritos do you start to feel a bit sick? 6

Daemon

I know you're all looking at it

Don't pretend you didn't get a proper look.