• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NUFAN'S Greatest XI

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thanks to Furball's excellent thread and Pothas' challenge, I am very tempted to share my Greatest XI with you.

I started following cricket in the late '80s. But I have no idea when we bought our first TV! Those were the days we had a cow in our house (my sister) and the man who was hired to milk her in the mornings would sometimes catch me watching Aerobics Oz Style early in the morning on Channel 9. .

I am going to use 1989 as the cut off point for my selection. Yes, I have read about Bradman, Sobers, Miller, Hobbs, Hammond and Hutton. Seen glimpses of Greg Chappell, Dennis Lillee and Boycott. But all these guys had retired before I made my debut. So they don't count in this exercise.

Anyway enjoy..

Untitled.jpg

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
aerobics-oz-style-3323.jpg

Monk's mum (upon entering lounge room) to early teen Monk- "Why are you watching Aerobics Oz Style at 6.30am on the couch with a blanket over you?"

Early teen Monk (clearly flustered)- "Oh, um, I dunno, um, there's nothing else on....ummm..."

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The two was the push through the covers, the one a flick off the thigh. I remember that Aerobics lady too, she was one of the best.

BTW, can a mod perhaps move this to Cricket Chat? I'm keen to give this a real crack after Baggy is done. My list will probably be more of a favourite XI as I don't really want to rehash many of the same people.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
There were no false strokes in my 25 ball epic.

The first four was from a short, wide zinger pie which I creamed across the dead grass outfield which had a few bindi patches over it and the other four was a lofted drive right out the meat of the bat, just to break the shackles.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Please provide a pitch map of all deliveries. Colour coded showing various scores from the balls including the dismissal.