• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The play devil's advocate without copping all kinds of abuse thread

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
[insert name of fast food establishment in a town on the South Coast that two posters may or may not have walked past approximately a week ago and contemplated photographing]

gaylittleclub#

stepbrothers#

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ah this time last week, me and you, walking through Narnia, wondering where to eat :wub:

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Because it's difficult to do it in CC.
Given it is sledger who has posted this I suspect it is a wind up. But if srs then yes good point. In general debates on CW within two posts of disagreement descend into people posting emoticons of a head hitting a wall. or calling the other person an idiot, I don't enter into any debates as people simply don't have the skills to conduct them civilly.

If I have fallen for the bait here that Sledger has laid by answering seriously then the joke is on me.

This post http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/45822-richards-v-tendulkar-odis-53.html#post2193059

Is a good example of someone throwing unnecessary invective into what should be an engrossing debate.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Given it is sledger who has posted this I suspect it is a wind up. But if srs then yes good point. In general debates on CW within two posts of disagreement descend into people posting emoticons of a head hitting a wall. or calling the other person an idiot, I don't enter into any debates as people simply don't have the skills to conduct them civilly.
Gee, if the place is such a ****hole what are you still doing here?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Legitimate question IMO
Thanks for your support Marcuss.

I think "question" is a euphemism for what his unwelcoming comment was.

And my question back is why wasn't his heated comment and your follow up directed at sledger who said as much in the thread title? I just expanded his point.

Why get mad at me?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
That's not a very nice thing to say and illustrates my point.
I'm not suggesting you leave, but saying that debate is impossible on here because the members don't have the skills to engage in them properly is a pretty damming thing to say about a forum, since debate is one of the main things a forum is meant to create and thrive on.

I'm just getting a bit sick of prominent members slagging off the whole forum and its members, and people starting threads about particular assets of the forum they hate etc.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not suggesting you leave, but saying that debate is impossible on here because the members don't have the skills to engage in them properly is a pretty damming thing to say about a forum, since debate is one of the main things a forum is meant to create and thrive on.

I'm just getting a bit sick of prominent members slagging off the whole forum and its members, and people starting threads about particular assets of the forum they hate etc.
Fair dues and thanks for your elaboration.

I will make a sensible reply when I give your post due consideration.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

IMO CC goes through peaks and troughs and of late it has been difficult to have an enjoyable debate. But it will rise again.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah great post Cabinet. Pointed out one of the frustrating aspects of the forum and ruined Sledger's thread all at the same time. :ph34r:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't have a problem with the level of debate in CC

I'm sick and tired of skidmark00's tone in the AFL thread though